Question Constant Windows 10 corruptions on SSD; Unsure if it's a hardware problem

Apr 1, 2020
Hello, these issues have been affecting me for a long time, and I really want to find the cause and the solution!

6 months ago, I got an Adata SU630 SSD and installed Windows 10 on it (I also have an HDD with Windows 7 installed on it, but I use it only as storage basically). Things ran smoothly for a while, but then I began having lots of issues. In order, these are the ones I remember:

- Got the Blue Screen that said "Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors". I fixed this after restarting it a few times

- Windows 10 began to run slowly. Couldn't even open images or the start menu. Fixed this by reinstalling Windows 10 (while keeping my files and software).

- Got stuck in an endless loop where Recovery couldn't repair my PC and I got a "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" BSOD. Fixed this by using chkdsk.

- A month or so later, Windows 10 began to run slowly again and I couldn't do stuff like open images, once again. Had to reinstall Windows 10, but this time I deleted all my software while keeping my personal files intact.

- Things worked well for about 2 months. Began to see the disk usage reach 100% even for tiny tasks.

- Tried to use chksdk again, and it began deleting a bunch of index entries, correcting errors, finding unreadable file sectors, etc. In general, lots of corrupted stuff. Apparently this is a sign that my drive is about to die but...
I ran crystal disk info and everything seemed fine on the SSD, it showed Good health. My next guess was that it could be some kind of RAM error, so I used memtest64 and ran about 7 loops... No errors detected.

What is going on? Is this a hardware issue related to the SSD? Is it potentially something else, like some kind of malware? I'd appreciate any help!

TRENDING THREADS