Ed

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:11:01 GMT, "Dave" <never@home.come> wrote:

>Anyone know if these two will work together at the same time, or does one
>disable the other?

Cool n Quite doesn't control fan speed, it changes the CPU voltage and
CPU MHz (cpu multiplier) on the fly. AMD stock fans have a thermal
sensor which controls fan speed from 3K to 6K RPM. Some users that
enable Q-Fan on Asus boards have reported the CPU fan will completely
stop when CPU is not under heavy work loads.

Ed

No problem to run C'n'Q and Q-Fan at the same time.

C'n'Q lowers the CPU VCore & MHz
Q-Fan lowers the CPU fan speed

Worked fine with my 3000+ AMD boxed cooler; it ran at 3000rpm without
and with 2300rpm with Q-Fan enabled (both idle).
Q-Fan lowers the fan speed in idle process but will speed up the fan
if the CPU is under full load.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks for the responses, I was a feeling a little dubious about having both
of them enabled as the Cool and Quiet technology is new for me. I've used
Smart fan on my old Asus boards and it worked fine but my new board has both
and I have C+Q enabled and wasn't sure what would happen if I enabled the
Smart fan. Once again thanks for the help.