Vonixzee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
So I've just bought a new motherboard and all that and the 3 in 1 Cooler master MF120R ARGBB fans and a MA410M CPU cooler, I've followed the instructions very carefully for both even watched youtube videos and for some reason only the fans are working and not the ARGB LEDS, One of the 3 in 1 MF120R Fans is lit but I also have no control over it. Both Fans are plugged into the D_LED1 and D_LED2 headers, I am really unsure what to do to get them running and some help would be greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Processor: I7 9700K
Cooling: MF120R ARGB 3 IN 1, MA410M CPU Cooler

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Three items to consider.

1. The fans all have TWO cables, one for the fan motor and one for the RGB lights. Each needs to go to the appropriate header, in your case the D_LEDn ones. EACH of those headers is also associated with a jumper set next to it to specify the voltage being fed from the header. (This is to provide for a different version of ADDR RGB lights that is not common now.) For your lights those selector jumpers must be set to the 5 V position for each.

2. You have three such fans, but only two D_LEDn headers. If you want to get the lights on the third one working also, get a RGB Splitter, but be sure it has male (with pins) connectors on the output arms. This example is a two-pack of 3-pin RGB Splitters, and it comes with gender changer modules to convert the female outputs to male. And NOTE that this one is for the ARGB (3-pin, 5 VDC) system. Although a 4-pin Splitter can work IF you make sure the connectors are plugged together right, this one is simpler.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-0...cm_re=RGB_Splitter-_-9SIACJF8XN9888-_-Product

3. Control of the RGB light displays is configured using the RGB Fusion utility supplied on the CD that came with your mobo. Check whether it is already installed on your system, and fire it up to set things as you wish. Without that running, the lights won't do anything useful.

Vonixzee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
The fans already had the RGB splitters to some hub but I went to the store which I bought them from and they tested them and they were faulty including my cpu coolers LED's, I decided to switch to corsair fans and cooling after having so many problems with cooler master and its worked a charm. Cheers for the help!