[SOLVED] Coolermaster MB510l headset support

Dec 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I am going to buy a headset for my pc and I found one on sale (trust gxt 322 carus). I has a single 3.5mm audio jack as input/output connector. I was wondering if it is a standard that cases support this as mine (Coolermaster MB510l) has one audio output 3.5mm and one audio input 3.5mm.

Can I plug the cable of the headset into the 3.5mm audio and will the microphone work or do I need an adapter?
Have searched google but cannot find a conclusive answer.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You'll need an adapter to use a combo headset plug on a PC that doesn't have a combo jack.

Like this:

Solution
Dec 2, 2019
You'll need an adapter to use a combo headset plug on a PC that doesn't have a combo jack.

Like this:

That's a shame. Was hoping it was a combo cable (read these come in 3.5mm too, confusing names ;) ). Anyhow, thanks for the answer!

Hi guys,

I am going to buy a headset for my pc and I found one on sale (trust gxt 322 carus). I has a single 3.5mm audio jack as input/output connector. I was wondering if it is a standard that cases support this as mine (Coolermaster MB510l) has one audio output 3.5mm and one audio input 3.5mm.

Can I plug the cable of the headset into the 3.5mm audio and will the microphone work or do I need an adapter?
Have searched google but cannot find a conclusive answer.

Thanks!

You did not read the description of what comes with the headset, look at it again https://www.trust.com/en/product/20408-gxt-322-carus-gaming-headset-black

I would not get that thing at all, those earpads will be sitting over your ears. For a $50 or so headset the one to get is the HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Dec 2, 2019
You did not read the description of what comes with the headset, look at it again https://www.trust.com/en/product/20408-gxt-322-carus-gaming-headset-black

I would not get that thing at all, those earpads will be sitting over your ears. For a $50 or so headset the one to get is the HyperX Cloud Stinger.
Did read, could not find (after reading again I found it at system requirements). Thanks for the information tho.
I don't care whether earpads go over my ears or not, so I'm fine with that. Besides I got it on sale, for me it was only 25 euros ^^