Copy and pasting opens a save a file window

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrocynus

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hello all. I have an issue with my PC. Each time I copy something (could be a picture, a passcode, a text etc.) when I paste it, I have a pop up window willing to save the info copied as a file.

For example, if I copy something from the web like a coupon code, and want to paste it, then I have a pop up window willing to save the copied info as a webpage.
If I copy something from Excel and want to paste it into word, I have a pop up window willing to save the info as a word doc with the name of what I copied as the name of the file. E.g. if I copied budget 2015 in a header in Excel, when I paste it in word, I have a pop up window willing to save the file as a docx file budget.docx

This is really crazy.

Thanks!

Hydro

hydrocynus

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Thanks for your answer. No, it only does it using the shortcut ctrl+C. Right click to copy does not exhibit the problem. So, there is macro associated with my Ctrl+C. How do I cancel the action?

Macros can be assigned by the mouse or keyboard driver or special programs, like AutoIt. I don't know, what's installed on your desktop.

hydrocynus

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

I have not installed intentionally any program to automate tasks. So, I have no clue.

It's either a program or a process. Does it happen directly after a fresh start? Then start the task manager, goto the processes tab and look for "suspicious" tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.