Question Corsair H115i Pro. This cant be it... can it?

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015
Hi!

Just installed my brand new cooler from Corsair! my first ever watercooler and to be honest i have been running a 35 dollar aircooler since 2015, AND after what i justed installed, perhaps it was better.

I run a i5 4690k OC at 4.3Ghz at 1.26 volt. This gives me idle temps very close to 50C, just the same as my 35 dollar aircooler... i run my cpu at max Ghz at all times, consuming more power and causing more heat to be sure, but the results between a 35 dollar cooler and a 150 dollar cooler surly cant be the same?

I have the fans infront blowing air in though the radiator, why run at 2000RPM at all times.

was`nt easy fitting the radiator as i just bought the NZXT H510 cabinet. It said in the specs that is supported a 280mm radiator, but god know how. I installed it in front 100% vertical but with a slight angel to make it fit. Does this have a huge impact on performance?

I might have been too sloppy installing the pump over the cpu. I tried making sure getting alle the screws in and then tighening them one by one little by little. Maybe i wasnt holding the pump still enough while attaching the screws? should i reinstall the pump? and in any case apply fresh cooling paste?

The temps seems to odd to me. but i have no experience with these things. at my first cpu stress after the install it got as high at 93C in about 2 sec. I thightend the screws, as some seemed a little loose. This seemed to help. Also, can it be the screws attaching the backplate to the Motherboard be to loose?

Idk. Please help. Cheers

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015
Give it a little time
And you can also click on the fans and choose different settings there for fan speed or you can set a custom curve.
Use your favorite program for temps as the corsair link for usually show the water the temp to run itself from.
Everything is on max. the fans the pump... temp is now going up to 46 stable... i dont understand this.

Ok
I run my pumps on my 2 x h110i's on max and my h100iv2 on max the use the fan speeds to what I'm doing.
1 on ryzen 2600x h110i
1 on fx 8350 h110i
1 on fx 6300 h100iv2

So web and most none stressing applications quite to balanced
More stressing on mine performance to max for stress testing and ocing stress tests.

So try some stressing or what you was doing when it went up in temp to see what it does now.

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015
Ok
I run my pumps on my 2 x h110i's on max and my h100iv2 on max the use the fan speeds to what I'm doing.
1 on ryzen 2600x h110i
1 on fx 8350 h110i
1 on fx 6300 h100iv2

So web and most none stressing applications quite to balanced
More stressing on mine performance to max for stress testing and ocing stress tests.

So try some stressing or what you was doing when it went up in temp to see what it does now.
Thanks for the respons. Just ran a stress on my CPU and it kept it a low 70 number, even staying at a high 60. much better then the 90 spikes i had earlier today.

Also I use thermaltake TG7 thermal paste
Which most Best Buy's carry on the shelf for $8.00 US.
I apply a little bit and use an old credit card to spread it in all directions till the pump head copper is just tainted filling in the small imperfections.
Then since I'm Amd the pea size dab then attach the pump.

If you have to pull to reapply check that the 4 screws don't bottom out on the backplate to soon as that could keep too much of a gap.
If that is happening I have used nylon washers on the backside of mobo backplate to keep the back plate from going so far through the mobo stopping the bottoming out.