Question Corsair Link Says MB Fan Running Constantly at 2800RPM

jar00d

Honorable
Feb 22, 2015
It's probably a profile setting or a bios setting check both see what they say your fan speeds are set to if need be Lock it in the bios to a max of.... And your bios wont let it exceed thoughs rpms
How would I fix this through BIOS? Have no idea where to go when Im in there. Gigabyte GA z97 Gaming 7

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Umm according to the picture you posted, both fans are running @ 1660rpm, the pump is running at 2367rpm. Which is exactly as it should be.

Since both fans come from a single source, with only 1 fan rpm actually read, I don't see how it's possible for one fan to be registered as spinning at any different speed from the other. Not unless you have some jacked up wiring and have each fan on separate headers and not attached through the pump wiring where they should be.

In the picture above, that supposed fan reading of 2800rpm is the pump rpm. The 750 odd under it is the case fans. And considering the bottom blue bar of cpu_fan is registering 0rpm, looks like you opted to use a sys_fan header to power the pump and a sys_fan header to power your other case fans.

Are you sure you wired up that AIO correctly? If you are positive all your wiring is placed where it's supposed to be, then Corsair Link has an issue. Pc's are not supposed to be able to function with 0rpm at cpu_fan header, the cpu will shut the pc down instantly if that really happens.

Last edited:
Umm according to the picture you posted, both fans are running @ 1660rpm, the pump is running at 2367rpm. Which is exactly as it should be.

Since both fans come from a single source, with only 1 fan rpm actually read, I don't see how it's possible for one fan to be registered as spinning at any different speed from the other. Not unless you have some jacked up wiring and have each fan on separate headers and not attached through the pump wiring where they should be.

In the picture above, that supposed fan reading of 2800rpm is the pump rpm. The 750 odd under it is the case fans. And considering the bottom blue bar of cpu_fan is registering 0rpm, looks like you opted to use a sys_fan header to power the pump and a sys_fan header to power your other case fans.

Are you sure you wired up that AIO correctly? If you are positive all your wiring is placed where it's supposed to be, then Corsair Link has an issue. Pc's are not supposed to be able to function with 0rpm at cpu_fan header, the cpu will shut the pc down instantly if that really happens.
Not all pumps have dedicated controlers for all there fans. mine in itself has 3 fans one fan pin control header.... STUPID i know but that what you get on a budget build however mine will be getting replaced... as far as controling your fan speeds in bios Your mobo fan control here

jar00d

Honorable
Feb 22, 2015

I'm aware now that the pump is around where it should be, but I was just wondering about the constant 2800RPM. I don't think it's the pump; the pump has its own section. And the bottom of the picture that is 0rpm is the GPU fan...

jar00d

Honorable
Feb 22, 2015

Ohhh I see... you're saying that they are from the same source but is registering as two different fans on the program. I get it now; probably my crappy wiring. No wonder, when I disconnected my case fans, it still said there was a fan running at 2300-2800 rpm. Will fix wiring and get back

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. There's a wire coming from the pump head that has 2x connectors on it (sometimes its 2x individual wires) just for the fans. There's a wire with a 3pin connector that goes to the cpu_fan header, that's not power its basically used for the rpm guage of the fans and to solve the cpu 0rpm feature. There's a 3rd wire that goes to Sata that actually is the power and in order to use Corsair link, there's a usb2 connector.

Those pumps are not variable pumps, so rpm doesn't fluctuate. It does have 3 modes, silent/standard/performance which will change static pump speeds and fan rpm curves. But each fan is not separate, just fans and pump.