velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi all, I have a PC with a Corsair RM650x power supply plugged into a power bar. this power bar has a yellow light to indicate that there are 12 amps being sent to it. When my PC is plugged in, this light is on, even if there are no other things plugged into it. Even if I have the power switch on the back of the power supply in the off position. Is this normal?

Solution
No, but I doubt you are pulling that much. That is 1400W at 115VAC or close to 3000W at 240V (Europe/Asia)

Probably a faulty measurement from the power bar, or there is something seriously shorted inside the powerbar.

Is the Power Supply really warm even when off? Could have a short in there somewhere, but that would usually bring the voltage down enough to trip the PSU under voltage.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, but I doubt you are pulling that much. That is 1400W at 115VAC or close to 3000W at 240V (Europe/Asia)

Probably a faulty measurement from the power bar, or there is something seriously shorted inside the powerbar.

Is the Power Supply really warm even when off? Could have a short in there somewhere, but that would usually bring the voltage down enough to trip the PSU under voltage.

Solution

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I don't think its warm to the touch. something must be off with the power bar cause I also plug in a receiver, amplifier, subwoofer and 4 other smaller things and everything works fine. I'm going to replace the power bar with a Furman SS-6B anyways.

Hi all, I have a PC with a Corsair RM650x power supply plugged into a power bar. this power bar has a yellow light to indicate that there are 12 amps being sent to it. When my PC is plugged in, this light is on, even if there are no other things plugged into it. Even if I have the power switch on the back of the power supply in the off position. Is this normal?

No.

Got a link to the power bar you have? I think you're misunderstanding what the LED is for.