[SOLVED] Corsair RM750i - Temperature | Fan Curve -

fantisjjj

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

Perhaps someone can enlighten me about what are safe/normal temperatures for PSUs and more precisely for my Corsair RM750i.
After thorough search i could find no results except's Corsair's main page, under technical specifications tab, where its stated the following "Continuous output rated temperature : 50°C ". I don't really get what's that supposed to mean so please someone care to elaborate.
The only comparison i have is OC3D TV's video review in which both the supplies tested are working at ~30°C. Should the temperature exceed above 31°C, the fans will start spinning.

In my case, the PSU's fan will stay at 0 RPM even at 45°C. Using Corsair Link software i can set the fan spinning and temperature's dropping but there is no option to make it stay at 0 RPM when the PSU is cool enough.

So considering the above can someone tell me
A) What are safe/normal temps?
B) Should the fan curve set to default, at what temps will the fan start spinning?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Generally and if not overloaded, PSU would stay at ambient temps plus ~5c. If installed with fan turned inside the case than at temps of environment inside the case.