knexdude7

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Recently I received my new Corsair TX850m power supply. I installed it and everything works fine except for one thing. When I first start up my computer here is what happens. I press the power button and it turns on. It stays on for about 5 seconds and then turns off again. It stays off for about 5 seconds and then proceeds with normal boot. I was just wondering if there is any way to fix it. It is not essential that I do because my PC still works fine, but it is something I want to get fixed.

wealthylandowner

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
There are several similar threads on this issue, all blame mother board short or psu. I have same issue on brand new unit (replacing cheap psu that never had problem with), worked fine for 5 days, now will shut down without warning, or not boot at all! I think it may be that the standard power connectors seem to protrude slightly and as there are so many cables bundled up inside the box (only using half the cables) that they might be touching the case and shorting out!
I will insulate all spare power connectors tonight to see if issue resolved!
It may be the power button failing, however as this appears to be common issue I doubt it!
Doubt it is M/B shorting as didn't have an issue with previous power supply!

Hope this helps!