[SOLVED] Cougar ARGB system

Sep 17, 2021
I am really baffled by the Cougar ARGB system and how it's acting weird for me.

I have the following in my system:
Cougar Aqua 240 AIO
Cougar Core Box V2
3x Cougar HPB 120 RGB Fans
2x Phanteks RGB Fans

I have two ARGB connectors on my system with the connections as follows:
  1. First RGB connector on motherboard connected directly to Cougar Aqua pump, Cougar Core Box V2 connected to the passthrough on the pump and the Cougar fans connected to the Core Box.
  2. Second RGB connector on add-on card connected to Phanteks RGB Fans through daisy chain one fan to the next.

The Cougar fans are PERFECTLY in sync with the Phanteks fans, despite being on separate connections. I'm using ASUS AuraSync and anything I do in Armoury Crate happens on all the fans, as well as on my RAM and the lights on my motherboard.

The Cougar Aqua pump, however, seems to be doing whatever it feels like. Sometimes the lights are off, sometimes it's cycling, sometimes it's a solid colour, but it doesn't respond to the ASUS utilities. I am passing the connection through the pump, so if anything, I'd expect a problem with the Core Box and its fans, but the first point of contact is where the problem is. The Phanteks fans are installed on the radiator instead of the standard non-RGB fans from Cougar, but I don't see anyway that it could make a difference.

Any idea where the problem could be? I've got my whole interior lights looking pretty except for the pump that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Solution
Odd… this has been happening for days and I left my PC on overnight and the whole day today, been busy with other stuff, and now it’s all in sync. I’ve noticed that sometimes new RGB stuff takes a while to sync, but it’s usually minutes not hours.
Sep 17, 2021
Odd… this has been happening for days and I left my PC on overnight and the whole day today, been busy with other stuff, and now it’s all in sync. I’ve noticed that sometimes new RGB stuff takes a while to sync, but it’s usually minutes not hours.

Solution