[SOLVED] Could someone check this PC build for bottlenecks/value please :)

Aug 25, 2019
I am currently trying to help my friend spec out a pc for about £900 (a little room for movement.) This is the build i have come up with (some things are unneccasary such as nice case, nice cpu cooler). He wants trusted brands (Such as cooler master, corsair, MSI,etc). Could I just check if the pc is good (or one of the best) for the price (and any suggestions for better value) and that there is no bottlenecks. I am completely unfamiliar with AMD so it is all intel/nvidia, so please feel free to suggest some amd components if they're better value. Thanks in advanced.
PC:

- CPU i7 8700:
£279.00

- CPU Cooler Cooler Master MasterAir G100M:
£42.99

- Motherboard Gigabyte Z370P D3:
£80.98

- RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX:
£72.80

- Secondary (games) hard drive 2TB Seagate Barracuda:
£53.49

- Primary (operating system and 'system' programs) hard drive SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III:
£30.99

- GPU Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB:
£259.97

- PSU Corsair VS Series VS650 650W:
£48.44

- Case NZXT H500 Black:
£66

Total without case: £868.33
Total with NZXT case: £934.33

Thanks for your reply, is the PSU change necassary? Other psu is reliable corsair cpu? Just lower efficiency, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes it is. Even corsair rate the vs series for office pc's and not gaming pc. Its low quality. Personally i did the mistake and bough a vs550 for an older pc and i ended with a burned motherboard i cant recommend it. PSU connects to all the components if something happens to it then it can easily damage other parts too so never cheap on the psu.

Aug 25, 2019
Yes it is. Even corsair rate the vs series for office pc's and not gaming pc. Its low quality. Personally i did the mistake and bough a vs550 for an older pc and i ended with a burned motherboard i cant recommend it. PSU connects to all the components if something happens to it then it can easily damage other parts too so never cheap on the psu.

Ok thanks for your advice, I actually bought a £20 PSU for my pc and it has been fine, but i will reccomend that my friend gets a better one due to advice I've heard all over the internet. Finally, as you can tell I'm no pro so excuse me if I'm being ignorant, but what makes the motherboard you linked better than the following motherboard? Only asking since this one is much cheaper and has better asthetic;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-B45...1566770004&s=computers&sr=1-1#customerReviews

Ok thanks for your advice, I actually bought a £20 PSU for my pc and it has been fine, but i will reccomend that my friend gets a better one due to advice I've heard all over the internet. Finally, as you can tell I'm no pro so excuse me if I'm being ignorant, but what makes the motherboard you linked better than the following motherboard? Only asking since this one is much cheaper and has better asthetic;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-B45...1566770004&s=computers&sr=1-1#customerReviews
Is out of the box compatible with the cpu and have bigger rom size for bios. This asrock will work too if you update it with an older ryzen cpu maybe you can ask the store to do it for you and you will probably get a lite version or less number of the cpu's that motherboard can support (you will lose support for some cheap cpu's but Ryzen 5 3600 will work fine) cause the limitation of the bios.

Aug 25, 2019
Is out of the box compatible with the cpu and have bigger rom size for bios. This asrock will work too if you update it with an older ryzen cpu maybe you can ask the store to do it for you and you will probably get a lite version or less number of the cpu's that motherboard can support (you will lose support for some cheap cpu's but Ryzen 5 3600 will work fine) cause the limitation of the bios.

Thanks so much for your help. Much appriciated.