Question Cpu and Ram high usage,numbers dont add up

Aug 28, 2020
Cpu usage and Ram is high,numbers in the tast manager dont add up,I tried ending processes ,searching for processes that eat my cpu and ram up and it didnt work.Installing my motherboard drivers,using the file checker (SFC) for corrupted files,even reinstalled windows.Processes like discord,steam,chrome and some games create duplicate sub proccesses that use the same amount of cpu as themselves and ending them stops the proccess completel as show in this image: View: https://imgur.com/UzkSIVr
.These problems are very recent and appeared suddenly.Another thing is that my gpu isnt used up like my cpu and ram but whenever i have wallpaper engine running and click on my desktop so that the animation starts it goes up from 3% to 99% or 100% but goes down when i focus on another program.I have been informed it may be a problem with my motherboard because of all the components acting up but im no expert.

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
Hi there,

Have you installed any software recently? And do you have system restore set up?

If you do, I would try a restore point. It may reverse the issue and then you can ascertain what it is that caused it.

Type 'chkdsk /f' in CMD or Powershell. It will ask you if you want it to run when the system restarts, Yes.

And I'd run dxdiag (Windows Memory Diagnostic) as well since you did say you had high RAM usage.

See what you get and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Aug 28, 2020
Hi there,

Have you installed any software recently? And do you have system restore set up?

If you do, I would try a restore point. It may reverse the issue and then you can ascertain what it is that caused it.

Type 'chkdsk /f' in CMD or Powershell. It will ask you if you want it to run when the system restarts, Yes.

And I'd run dxdiag (Windows Memory Diagnostic) as well since you did say you had high RAM usage.

See what you get and go from there.

Hope this helps.
As i said i reinstalled it so that shouldnt matter.I checked for malware and spyware.I ran chdsk /f as well

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Task Manager does not show all processes and services that use CPU (and RAM for that matter).

In Task Manager, go to the "Performance" Tab and click on the "Open Resource Monitor" link at the bottom. There you can see real usage of CPU/RAM/Network/etc. You can either go to the dedicated tabs or simply look at the overview tab.

Aug 28, 2020
Task Manager does not show all processes and services that use CPU (and RAM for that matter).

In Task Manager, go to the "Performance" Tab and click on the "Open Resource Monitor" link at the bottom. There you can see real usage of CPU/RAM/Network/etc. You can either go to the dedicated tabs or simply look at the overview tab.
i also checked there for processes that are hidden it showed the same things as task manager except the hidden proccesses

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
The CPU/RAM usage should at least add up there, and this should allow you to identify which process is the culprit.
By the way, did you try to uninstall that wallpaper software to see if it fixes the problem?

Aug 28, 2020
The CPU/RAM usage should at least add up there, and this should allow you to identify which process is the culprit.
By the way, did you try to uninstall that wallpaper software to see if it fixes the problem?
The cpu or ram usage doesnt add up even there and yes i did try to uninstall wallpaper engine sadly it didnt fix anything