Question CPU bottleneck?

May 17, 2019
So a few days ago I got an RTX 2070, but the FPS isn´t really up there with the benchmarks. So could my CPU bottleneck it?

My specs:
MSI RTX 2070 Ventus 8GB
Intel Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge 3.33 GHz
HyperX 16GB RAM
PCIe 3.0 x16

Benchmarks are other things, gameplay is also other thing, do not mistaken one for another.
But surely your cpu is outdated.
Why not overclock it since its an K CPU, maybe you've seen an Youtube benchmark which has overclocked sandy bridge.
Which motherboard and PSU?

May 17, 2019
Benchmarks are other things, gameplay is also other thing, do not mistaken one for another.
But surely your cpu is outdated.
Why not overclock it since its an K CPU, maybe you've seen an Youtube benchmark which has overclocked sandy bridge.
Which motherboard and PSU?
Well by benchmarks I mean like FPS in games kinds of videos.

My motherboard is an ASRock H61M-VSP
PSU is a 600W

So it should be enough?

May 17, 2019
What are you getting and what did you expect for FPS lets say.
That mobo isnt for overclocking, do not try that.
For PSU brand and model is needed.
I expected like stable 60FPS or higher 1080p in Kingdom Come Deliverance. Other games like Witcher 3 run great (83-90FPS).

The PSU is a CHIEFTEC 600W (model no: CTG-600-80P)

Edit: on Ultra settings ofc

pivodrums

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu for about 70% and that is a lot!
You should consider upgrading your cpu but with that you will also have to upgrade your mb and ram.

Reactions: Kalindrin
May 17, 2019
your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu for about 70% and that is a lot!
You should consider upgrading your cpu but with that you will also have to upgrade your mb and ram.
Why RAM? Yea its only DDR3 but still.. its 16GB. Well I wanted to dodge an uprage of the mobo D:
So if i upgrade my CPU then I have to get a new mobo + a new windows install correct?

xravenxdota

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
Why RAM? Yea its only DDR3 but still.. its 16GB. Well I wanted to dodge an uprage of the mobo D:
So if i upgrade my CPU then I have to get a new mobo + a new windows install correct?
What he ment was i think that you don't have much of an upgrade path with that cpu if i am correct the highest cpu you can go is I7 3770k.If you can find it on used market and its a waste consider of your motherboard limitationed.So if you upgrade said cpu you will have to upgrade mobo and ram which will be a high cost.

ElectrO_90

Dignified
BANNED
You can run an i7-2600 if you want the extra boost.
I currently have an i7-2600k and its OC'd to 4.4Ghz with a RTX 2060 Strix

Smooth smooth smooth - sadly it is your CPU lacking the power to keep you more stable.
Also Kingdom Come, is really CPU orientated, which is why it is a laggy game.

Consider the cost of a 2nd CPU and even a motherboard that allows you to Overclock (maybe see something ebay)
Or the alternative is the new cpu/ram/mobo root which is a lot more expensive, but upgradable (unless you go with Intel again).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS