Question CPU clock speed low while gaming

May 13, 2019
I have been having a problem with major gaming underperformance. While my pc is idle my CPU clock speed is around 4 Ghz. However, when I start up a game it dips to 1.9Ghz and almost never goes above 2Ghz this is causing me to have around 30 fps lower than I should get.
SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Aorus RTX 2070 8GB
Asus ROG Strix B450 F-Gaming mobo
2x8 corsair vengeance rgb pro at 3000Mhz
and a corsair cx750 PSU

I should mention I do monitor temps and my CPU never gets above 55 and my GPU is usually around 65. thank you in advance to anyone who helps.

Javi7707

Commendable
Feb 20, 2017
I did have it on that. I do not have software to monitor voltages and stuff. What one should I download. I can’t get MSI afterburner to Work
Core temp will tell you how much the cpu is consuming and its junction temp, download it and run a game to see if it is consuming what it should, it's tdp is rated 95w so let's see if it gets stuck at some point, just pay attention at the consumption when the frequency drops

May 13, 2019
Core temp will tell you how much the cpu is consuming and its junction temp, download it and run a game to see if it is consuming what it should, it's tdp is rated 95w so let's see if it gets stuck at some point, just pay attention at the consumption when the frequency drops
I will later today. The frequency drops as soon as I start a game.

May 13, 2019
If core is new, maybe you should change it. Still you can look the temperature and change settings to default. How high is the fps? Lower then 30?
FPS is still decent, but I’m getting about 30 less than what I should be. For example I should be able to play BFV in ultra settings at ~110 FPS but I’m only getting ~95 on high settings