nb.limassol

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
Hey everyone!
I've been using a pretty old system for quite a while now. (X58 chipset motherboard) just for an Idea of how old it is.

I recently had some issues that dont really matter anymore because I've purchased some new components off of Amazon to upgrade my PC with.

I did some research and I found out that You can pair a Ryzen 3000 series CPU with a B450 Motherboard with the right BIOS.

I heard that Gigabyte Motherboards are shipped already ready with an F40 BIOS which is ready for the newer Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

The question is, might my Aorus B450 Pro Motherboard ship with this BIOS needed to fit my Ryzen 7 3700X without having some kind of issues?

And incase I need to update my BIOS to the one that supports the Ryzen 3rd gen CPUs, how can I do that?

Ps, don't worry I am not planning on doing any overclocking with this combination of a B450 board plus a Ryzen 7 3700X.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers provided. :)

Solution
If you receive your motherboard without the proper BIOS version pre-installed, you can get a loaner CPU from AMD AMD Boot Kit Loan Program

Otherwise, you will need to take the motherboard to a local shop and have them update it for you (usually at a price).

-Wolf sends
HI, from what I understood, you bought a Ryzen 3700X and your missing the motherboard, if this is the case, I don't think you can make sure your B450 motherboard of choice will come with an uptodate BIOS when buying from Amazon, unless is pretty much writen on the page with big bold characters.

You can, of course try and get some B450 motherboard with USB BIOS Flashback feature, this will allow you to update your BIOS without having a CPU or memory installed, all you need is an USB drive with the right file on it.

Also very important what Wolf wrote down here ↓ (I forgot about that)

Reactions: nb.limassol