Question CPU constantly at 100% and PC lags when percentage drops

fmpsagara

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
So a friend of mine just recently bought a Gigabyte 1070 graphics card. After installing, we noticed that the cpu usage is spiking at 100% constantly. Is that bottlenecking? Even with normal browsing or just playing games that doesn't require heavy cpu/gpu usage.

His CPU is AMD A8-5600K.
He's also using an ultra wide monitor.
His ram's 10gb.

Mar 3, 2019
So a friend of mine just recently bought a Gigabyte 1070 graphics card. After installing, we noticed that the cpu usage is spiking at 100% constantly. Is that bottlenecking? Even with normal browsing or just playing games that doesn't require heavy cpu/gpu usage.

His CPU is AMD A8-5600K.
He's also using an ultra wide monitor.
His ram's 10gb.

Hey mate, Goto this website http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility , Scroll down untill you see "Get quick CPU", Scroll all the way down again until you see "Download Quick CPU" click it .. It will start downloading, Then once it's finished , complete the setup and open the app and move the "Core parking index" slider all the way to 100 % and everything else to 100 %. This will remove the restrictions on your cpu from using it's full potential.... it basically removes the energy saving feature implemented by windows so now all of your cores will be running constantly instead of only two running all the time . You need to unpark your cores. want more infomation ? search "unpark cores" on google.

cpm-3000-1.png

Mar 3, 2019
Hey mate, Goto this website http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility , Scroll down untill you see "Get quick CPU", Scroll all the way down again until you see "Download Quick CPU" click it .. It will start downloading, Then once it's finished , complete the setup and open the app and move the "Core parking index" slider all the way to 100 % and everything else to 100 %. This will remove the restrictions on your cpu from using it's full potential.... it basically removes the energy saving feature implemented by windows so now all of your cores will be running constantly instead of only two running all the time . You need to unpark your cores. want more infomation ? search "unpark cores" on google.

cpm-3000-1.png
NOTE* This does not increase CPU temperatures .

fmpsagara

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
The A8-5600K would almost certainly be a bottleneck on most applications when paired with a 1070.
You can always simply check what applications are using up your CPU on Task Manager / Resource Monitor.
I actually tried checking resource monitor. The game that was running was DotA2, which is a non-cpu intensive game. Average CPU usage was about 52 and the rest were very less like 1 or 2 values. So probably the cpu is bottlenecking. What do you suggest for a processor upgrade that uses the same socket of A8-5600K and doesn't require to replace the motherboard? I'm not really familiar with AMD's.