Question Cpu cooler doesnt state TDP.

Jul 24, 2019
I am trying to get a new cpu cooler as my current ones tdp is too low. The one im looking for is the SilverStone KR02 and my cpus tdp is 88w i beleive (I7 4790K). I couldnt find the tdp wattage of the cpu cooler. Thats the only option i have rn. I need someone to find the tdp as i couldnt after searching.

That cooler can cool a cpu with a TDP up to 130W
The i7 4790k has a TDP of 88 as you said, running stock

That being said, the i7 4790(k) run notoriously hot, but your cooler should be adequate

sources:
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/150906/silverstone-stelt-krypton-kr02-koeler-voor-cpus-beschikbaar.html

Jul 24, 2019
That cooler can cool a cpu with a TDP up to 130W
The i7 4790k has a TDP of 88 as you said, running stock

That being said, the i7 4790(k) run notoriously hot, but your cooler should be adequate

sources:
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/150906/silverstone-stelt-krypton-kr02-koeler-voor-cpus-beschikbaar.html
does having a higher tdp give better temps?

Not necessarily, it just means that the cooler is tested to adequately cool a cpu up to 130 TDP
i don't think it will cool down your cpu that much more just because it has a lower tdp, might be a few degrees though

BUT
Your cooler won't have to work as hard, which means it can operate much more silently,
then when it has a CPU with a higher TDP and thus more heat generation

So that's a plus :)

Jul 24, 2019
Not necessarily, it just means that the cooler is tested to adequately cool a cpu up to 130 TDP
i don't think it will cool down your cpu that much more just because it has a lower tdp, might be a few degrees though

BUT
Your cooler won't have to work as hard, which means it can operate much more silently,
then when it has a CPU with a higher TDP and thus more heat generation

So that's a plus :)
I have a cooler thats lower than the cpus tdp which is 65W. My cpu temps are incredibly high.

Jul 24, 2019
my first thought would be is that the cooler is mounted incorrectly or you have a setting in the bios "fan speed" which might be set to minimum, can you check this?
Oh yeah ive been trying to troubleshoot it for a month now ive done everything , i even went on the bios to put the fan setting a bit higher because the temps were very high