[SOLVED] CPU / DRAM LED on bootup, No post

John1357

Reputable
Apr 15, 2017
I ordered a B365M Phantom Gaming 4 BIOS P 4.20, i5 9400f U0 and used 16gb's of corsair vengeance ram @2400.

This is actually my 2nd board. at first i thought the board was dead so i had it replaced and the new one arrived today. Still the same issue, i can't test the cpu or ram on their own because i dont have any other motherboards on hand.

I have tried:
Resetting cmos with a jumper
Reseating CPU/RAM
Inspecting my motherboard for a short (not caused by case as im testing outside of it)
Using a different PSU
Updating BIOS in local store (Product page says it supports my cpu out of the box but i wanted to make sure)
Checking for dirt on CPU Contacts
Using different GPUs
Using RAM in all configs
Checking if cables are snug into the board

If you're wondering why i sent the motherboard back it's because alot of the threads i read narrowed it down to their motherboard. it just doesnt make sense to me why the cpu would cause the DRAM led to go up aswell. any ideas?

Solution
the cpu would cause the DRAM led to go up aswell
The CPU controls your RAM. I've seen a faulty CPU cause all manner of abnormal things. Just it's rare for a newer CPU to be faulty.

I'm sure you've done most of or all of these, but please do follow this guide as first port of call before anything else to make sure: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

What is your PSU make and model? and GPU for that matter.

When you say you've tried RAM in all configs, you do also mean you've tried each RAM module by itself, in each slot?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
the cpu would cause the DRAM led to go up aswell
The CPU controls your RAM. I've seen a faulty CPU cause all manner of abnormal things. Just it's rare for a newer CPU to be faulty.

I'm sure you've done most of or all of these, but please do follow this guide as first port of call before anything else to make sure: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

What is your PSU make and model? and GPU for that matter.

When you say you've tried RAM in all configs, you do also mean you've tried each RAM module by itself, in each slot?

Solution