[SOLVED] cpu ez debug light is red, no post

Dec 21, 2020
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU: asus tuf 1660 super
MOBO: b450 tomahawk max
RAM: hyperx fury ddr4 3200 (8x2)
PSU: seasonic core gm-500 80+ gold
SSD: samsung evo 970 plus 500gb

so this is a new build i started a couple days back & built in a few hours. all the fans spin & required leds are on but there is a red light next to the led labelled cpu in the ez debug section. i know this means the cpu is undetected / failed but i reseated the cpu, and tried testing without gpu & moved ram sticks around to no avail. i’ve had some problems putting the cpu fan on but could that be the reason ? or something to do w screwing in better w motherboard standoffs? i’m getting my cpu replaced & if that doesn’t work i’ll RMA the mobo. i’ve looked n a bunch of forums but no one has the same solution to me. would appreciate any kind of help thanks

Solution
Tried only one stick of ram in the second slot from the cpu? Maybe even with another stick of ram, can maybe ask a friend to help out if they use ddr4.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
or something to do w screwing in better w motherboard standoffs?
You always should use the motherboard stand offs if that is what you're asking.

Tried updating to the latest bios?

gwcxOgc.png

8W2ily4.png

Dec 21, 2020
sorry, wasn’t clear w that but yes my standoffs are all installed. my motherboard is advertised as ryzen 3000 ready & i did a bios flashback a week or so ago , i’ll do it again then cheers

Dec 21, 2020
Just wondering if this ram you have may not be as good (compatible) with that motherboard. You'd think this would make the ram led glow up, but might be the cpu that will light up since memory controller is incorporated there.
my ram is on the list that is compatible with my motherboard so i hope it is. also, when i take out my ram sticks the dram ez debug led doesn’t come on if that’s what you’re referring to which is quite strange. if the new cpu i’m getting doesn’t work i’ll consider that thanks. could it be the mobo?