Question CPU fan rpm spiking

May 22, 2020
Opening non super intensive programs like Chrome, and basically anything on my computer makes my CPU fan rpm and temp spike up from 1100 to 1400 RPM and 45 degrees C to 50+ degrees C within a couple seconds, I've tried changing the fan step up and step down time to longer intervals in my bios, (I have an MSI Z270 SLI by the way) resetting the CMOS, reapplying thermal paste, but nothing fixes it and it is very loud and annoying.

Flatten out your curve on the low end. From 30C-60C have it go from 1100-1200. After it passes 60C have it ramp up to 1400 and max by 70. This way the fan speed wont "saw" as much under low loads or momentary loads but will still cool enough under a sustained load that actually pushes temps above those momentary spikes.

You could also try different fans that are not as loud. But be prepared to pay some decent money/fan.

May 22, 2020
Flatten out your curve on the low end. From 30C-60C have it go from 1100-1200. After it passes 60C have it ramp up to 1400 and max by 70. This way the fan speed wont "saw" as much under low loads or momentary loads but will still cool enough under a sustained load that actually pushes temps above those momentary spikes.

You could also try different fans that are not as loud. But be prepared to pay some decent money/fan.
This didn't start happening until a few days ago and for some reason its also starting to lag programs that didn't lag before