Question Cpu fan stuck at 100% (I7 8700 )

Apr 5, 2021
I have a pre built HP Omen 880.
The cpu fan is at 100% for no reason at all i just booted it up as normal and poof its a jet....please send help.
I am not trained for space travel.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You will also need to visit HP's support page pertaining to your Prebuilt and cross reference the latest BIOS version there. Gradually update the BIOS to the latest if you have a number of them pending. Don't jump to the latest version.

What OS version are you currently on? We're on Windows 10 version 20H2.

Apr 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you get into BIOS and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You will also need to visit HP's support page pertaining to your Prebuilt and cross reference the latest BIOS version there. Gradually update the BIOS to the latest if you have a number of them pending. Don't jump to the latest version.

What OS version are you currently on? We're on Windows 10 version 20H2.

I'm on windows 10 not sure about the BIOS version how do i find out?

Apr 5, 2021
So someone opened my PC to try and fit a cpu cooler BUT as its pre built the bracket woudnt work / fit.
I personally think its been put back together wrong BUT i have no idea what im doing to check myself.
I've disconnected the temp sensors to see if thats the issue but nope

Briko

Prominent
Aug 25, 2020
Try resetting bios to default. After that take out the CMOS battery for 5-10 minutes with the power cable out of the computer. Check if it fixes it.