[SOLVED] CPU not detected: CPU or MOBO?

May 21, 2020
So i posted a thread about this before however I missed out a lot of details and the system specs, I now have them so i am going to re-explain it.

So a while ago I helped my cousin upgrade his system, we upgraded the CPU, MOTHERBOARD, GPU and RAM so it was a big upgrade. It all went fine however when we turned the system on, all the fans spun including the CPU fan however there was no post. There was no any sign the system was working. We then made sure all the connectors were in firmly and tried again and once again, no response. I noticed the 'No CPU detected' Light showing up on the motherboard.

It is worth noting, the Cpu and the Motherboard were assembled about a year before the build (We put the CPU in the socket then put it back in the motherboard later, I have a hunch this has something to do with it but I knew a lot less about systems then). I have built a lot more systems since then but this has stumped me.

Now we did a lot of Bios things and no response. At this point I am just thinking F*** it and get a new part, But what part is broken. My guess is the CPU as the Motherboard is at least showing that it cant detect the CPU, showing the socket is working?

The problem being, I do not want to spend money on a CPU only for it to be the Motherboard, or vice versa.

With this Limited information, what do you reckon is the problem? CPU or Motherboard.

THE SPECS:
MSI X370 GAMING PLUS ATX MOTHERBOARD
8GB CORSAIR DDR4 RAM
500W PSU (EVGA I BELIEVE)
GTX 1650 4GB
RYZEN 2600,X,1600 ( I remember it had 600 In it so it could be any of these variants , my Cousin is working on finding the box so will need to get back to you on this but this shouldnt make a difference)

Many thanks
Matt

May 21, 2020
your x370 board may not support a 2600 (or even 1600AF if that's what you're using) CPU out of the box, so a bios update may be needed

Agreed but I do not have another CPU that i can use in order to Update the Motherboard Bios, So would it be worth Buying a new Motherboard instead?, one that can support these CPU out the box?

May 17, 2020
So i posted a thread about this before however I missed out a lot of details and the system specs, I now have them so i am going to re-explain it.

So a while ago I helped my cousin upgrade his system, we upgraded the CPU, MOTHERBOARD, GPU and RAM so it was a big upgrade. It all went fine however when we turned the system on, all the fans spun including the CPU fan however there was no post. There was no any sign the system was working. We then made sure all the connectors were in firmly and tried again and once again, no response. I noticed the 'No CPU detected' Light showing up on the motherboard.

It is worth noting, the Cpu and the Motherboard were assembled about a year before the build (We put the CPU in the socket then put it back in the motherboard later, I have a hunch this has something to do with it but I knew a lot less about systems then). I have built a lot more systems since then but this has stumped me.

Now we did a lot of Bios things and no response. At this point I am just thinking F*** it and get a new part, But what part is broken. My guess is the CPU as the Motherboard is at least showing that it cant detect the CPU, showing the socket is working?

The problem being, I do not want to spend money on a CPU only for it to be the Motherboard, or vice versa.

With this Limited information, what do you reckon is the problem? CPU or Motherboard.

THE SPECS:
MSI X370 GAMING PLUS ATX MOTHERBOARD
8GB CORSAIR DDR4 RAM
500W PSU (EVGA I BELIEVE)
GTX 1650 4GB
RYZEN 2600,X,1600 ( I remember it had 600 In it so it could be any of these variants , my Cousin is working on finding the box so will need to get back to you on this but this shouldnt make a difference)

Many thanks
Matt

Ryzen 2600x isn't supported on x370 you need a bios update. you can ask for a boot kit through AMD.

think this is the correct form
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form