Question "CPU or Memory Changed!!! Please enter Setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run Setup. Press F2 to load default values"

Dec 4, 2021
I´ve had my computer for 7 years and some days ago I started getting this text when booting the computer. I noticed my graphics card fan variating in different speeds and sometimes booting works just fine. But it also sometimes does not connect to the monitor or goes from connected to disconnected and back and forth. My theory is that either the motherboard is starting to give up or it's the power supply that is starting to fail.

So when booting I get different things all the time sometimes it works fine, sometimes the text "CPU or Memory Changed!!! Please enter Setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run Setup. Press F2 to load default values." pops up. Or the screen does not even connect or connects and disconnects and back and forth.

I changed graphics card about 7 months ago aswell.

Any help identifying the problem is much appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 SUPER
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
500W Cooler Master power supply

I´ve had my computer for 7 years and some days ago I started getting this text when booting the comoputer. I noticed my graphicscardfan variating in different speeds and sometimes booting works just fine. But it also sometimes does not connect to the moinitor or goes from connected to disconnected and back and forth. My theory is that either the motherboard is starting to give up or its the power supply that is starting to fail.

So when booting I get different things all the time sometimes it works fine, sometimes the text "CPU or Memory Changed!!! Please enter Setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run Setup. Press F2 to load default values." pops up. Or the screen does not even connect or connects and disconnects and back and forth.

Specs:
Start with replacing the bios bat.

Dec 4, 2021
Thanks for the answers, it seems to be working normally again except for the fans on the graphicscard not spinning. I don't know if I should be worried about that? Dust should not be the issue since I cleaned it out yesterday. But other than that it seems fine. Thx for the help

SinaTPB

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
I´ve had my computer for 7 years and some days ago I started getting this text when booting the computer. I noticed my graphics card fan variating in different speeds and sometimes booting works just fine. But it also sometimes does not connect to the monitor or goes from connected to disconnected and back and forth. My theory is that either the motherboard is starting to give up or it's the power supply that is starting to fail.

Specs:
try replacing CMOS battery

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the answers, it seems to be working normally again except for the fans on the graphicscard not spinning. I don't know if I should be worried about that? Dust should not be the issue since I cleaned it out yesterday. But other than that it seems fine. Thx for the help
Below a certain temp the fans won't run, do a stresstest and see if they run when the gpu is pushed, if so is it fine.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran