[SOLVED] CPU overheating Ryzen 7 5800x

Dec 18, 2021
My pc WAS power cycling, but after resetting the CMOS it pretty much solved that issue. After getting through the post screen and logging into my account, I tried starting up a game. It is a smaller game especially for my pc, but it made the CPU temp jump from 40 to 75 within seconds, and it jumped twice. After the game had completed its startup it stayed at around a 45 to 55, but i am still worried and would like to prevent any issues from occurring. Does anyone know why it jumped? Or how it can fixed when said issue is found?

Solution
My pc WAS power cycling, but after resetting the CMOS it pretty much solved that issue. After getting through the post screen and logging into my account, I tried starting up a game. It is a smaller game especially for my pc, but it made the CPU temp jump from 40 to 75 within seconds, and it jumped twice. After the game had completed its startup it stayed at around a 45 to 55, but i am still worried and would like to prevent any issues from occurring. Does anyone know why it jumped? Or how it can fixed when said issue is found?

Ryzen processors have exceptional dynamic range in operation so they boost aggressively and frequently across very wide clock speeds. It's a key feature of their high efficiency but it can make for...
Those temps are well within limits.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

Ryzen processors have exceptional dynamic range in operation so they boost aggressively and frequently across very wide clock speeds. It's a key feature of their high efficiency but it can make for temperature spikes along with the sudden clock boosts. What you're seeing is perfectly normal.

But your temps are also extremely good.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS