solomaniac85

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I have a gammax 300 cpu cooler that before I left for my vacation 5 days ago i turned the system on and off for best thermal cycles with my artic silver 5 on there, and for the past few days I havent touched it but its been off and when I turn it on now *with a new keyboard and mouse that I dident have before* I get around 40C in the bios when before I was hitting around 29-32c. When I came back my fan was turned off and the ac was off for when I left those were all on and my room stayed nice and cold. Do you think this is normal or what should i do? I tried pushing down my cpu to pop any air bubbles or see if the cpu is clamped in correctly and no temp changes pushing it down so its clamped in there good. I have a modified antec 300 case thats set horizontal with the HDD and OD cage removed and top and main side panel removed so there only 1 fan on the cpu and the psu fan *corsair 140mm* should i add another 140mm to just blow air on the cpu or what? Im in a clutch for my first time building a computer. Cpu is i5 3570k mobo is gigabyte z77x-ud3h, psu is corsair tx v2 750watt, I dont have any gpu installed yet so its not a problem. Thanks! , ps. the ram is not blocking anything.
Thanks! Sorry for the long post!!

Solution
I would leave your cpu alone at this point. Acceptable temps can range from about 35-70c, depending on several factors including room temp. If your system is running well, and you're not having any issues, you can do more harm touching and messing with the heatsink and cpu than leaving them alone.http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i5-processor/specifications.html
I would leave your cpu alone at this point. Acceptable temps can range from about 35-70c, depending on several factors including room temp. If your system is running well, and you're not having any issues, you can do more harm touching and messing with the heatsink and cpu than leaving them alone.http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/core-i5-processor/specifications.html

Solution