[SOLVED] CPU Overheating

New2This-help!

Commendable
Apr 27, 2020
I have recently bought a used cyber power computer from my dad. It is 4 or 5 years old but has gone unused for most of that time. The only work he has done is upgrade the graphics card to a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4gt oc (does not know what was in there before) I just started using it again after a few years and am having overheating issues where it shuts itself down. First it was while playing minecraft or WoW but now it is happening with just Microsoft word and a browser open. HWMonitor is reading TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 as high as 88 degrees before it shuts off and my AMD processor close to that as well. I did a factory reset and reinstalled windows 10 and it's still happening so I don't think it's a hard drive issue. Specs below:

CPU: AMD FX 4300
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC
RAM: 16gb
Main board: MSI 760GM P34(FX) (MS-7641)
Cooling: coolermaster cm12v that came with the pc

I have cleaned out all of the fans, adjusted the placing of the case fans and even went as far as putting a fan for my bedroom pointing into the case. Nothing seems to cool it down. This may sound stupid (didn't know what I was doing at this point) but the thermal paste was wiped off during cleaning and I am waiting for more to come in to reapply.

Will thermal paste make that big of a difference? Could installing a new heatsink/fan solve my problem? Is my hardware inadequate? What other upgrades might I be looking at?

Above all I am looking for the cheapest fix aside am out of work due to quarantine.

Thanks!

Solution
I recommend changing the thermal paste since on amd page it says the max temp for this cpu is 70C.
for the power supply i am not an expert in power supplies and power etc...
Nov 3, 2019
I recommend changing the thermal paste since on amd page it says the max temp for this cpu is 70C.
for the power supply i am not an expert in power supplies and power etc...

Solution

Djonito132

Reputable
Apr 26, 2020
You should get it checked or replaced if NECESSARY I think all of your parts in one are like 250-270 watts idk im not an expert on PSU's i was checking every single one of your parts

TRENDING THREADS