[SOLVED] Cpu running 100% with nothing running. Help

Sep 27, 2019
I was just messing around the voltages to get lower temperatures with stability and I found a stable voltage. But then, my cpu usage went 100% on the home screen running nothing. Did changing the voltage affect this?

Hardware Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 2200g OC - 3.90Ghz - 1.3125V
Gpu: Vega 8 OC - 1650Mhz - 1.275V
Cpu Cooler: Gammax Gt with 2 chassis fan
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout (2x4) 2993mhz - xmp profile 2
Windows 10 Pro

Last edited:
Solution
There is no such thing as "nothing is running" when computer is on, not even in BIOS screen, See what happens in safe mode. Also check and disable anything in startup.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

More details needed: What voltage changes did you try? What was the stable voltage?

If the CPU is running at 100% use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer to identify what is consuming the CPU.

Run only one of the three at a time.

[Note: you may need to download Process Explorer. If so, do so from Microsoft's website.]

Sep 27, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

More details needed: What voltage changes did you try? What was the stable voltage?

If the CPU is running at 100% use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer to identify what is consuming the CPU.

Run only one of the three at a time.

[Note: you may need to download Process Explorer. If so, do so from Microsoft's website.]
Task Manager says 100% and Resource Monitor says 100% but Process Explorer says 4%. Which one is accurate?

Ralston18

Titan
Go a step further.

What is shown as running and what % is that app, process, or service taking?

PID's are important.

You can sort the presented data by clicking the column headers. E.g., ascending or descending order.

It can be difficult to identify the high % culprit when the monitoring screen keeps changing.

Apply the sorts so the high end %'s will stay at the top.

And do give the diagnostic tool a couple of minutes to stabilize.