[SOLVED] CPU running 100c, Nothings Helping

Shawnio

Reputable
Nov 29, 2016
I have a 7-7700k cpu that is not oc'd. When I moved to college I noticed that it was seriously struggling to do anything at all after downloading a bunch of GPU drivers. I figured out that the CPU was running at 100c so I decided to not use it till I can get it fixed. FF to me getting home with a bunch of time and after replacing all the old fans, cleaning out the radiator for the liquid cooling and changing the thermal paste both the BIOS and Open Hardware are still saying I'm running at max temperature, Checking the load I'm only really at 30% max but it still struggles the longer I leave it on to the point that even Chrome freezes up. Am I crazy could the software be wrong or is there anything else I can do to try and cool down my CPU?
Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It's not an AIO, and it doesn't have PWM control so I can't check it's rpm

Touch the pump or tubing physically. Can you feel any vibration or possibly hear it? If you can't it's possible the pump may be pumping slowly or not at all. water pressure makes a huge difference in temps, the more water flow the better.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a 7-7700k cpu that is not oc'd. When I moved to college I noticed that it was seriously struggling to do anything at all after downloading a bunch of GPU drivers. I figured out that the CPU was running at 100c so I decided to not use it till I can get it fixed. FF to me getting home with a bunch of time and after replacing all the old fans, cleaning out the radiator for the liquid cooling and changing the thermal paste both the BIOS and Open Hardware are still saying I'm running at max temperature, Checking the load I'm only really at 30% max but it still struggles the longer I leave it on to the point that even Chrome freezes up. Am I crazy could the software be wrong or is there anything else I can do to try and cool down my CPU?
Any help is appreciated.
Buy a new cooler problem solved.