Jul 8, 2019
I had my motherboard powered on with no cpu in socket but when it powered on I saw a spark in the socket as if 2 barbs were touching. How bad can this be?? Will I need a new motherboard?

It all still powers on and everything seems to work i have yet to get my new cpu to test it out😔. Hope it still has life left. The barbs are still in tact just a little rainbow is all.

Jul 8, 2019
Testing my leds and fans.. I tried to power them on. And nithing was in the socket at the time nor does anything look to damaged. At the moemnt everything still powers on and fans, leds, and my touchscreen fan controller. Including the motherboard still has power aswell.

USAFRet

Titan
Testing my leds and fans.. I tried to power them on. And nithing was in the socket at the time nor does anything look to damaged. At the moemnt everything still powers on and fans, leds, and my touchscreen fan controller. Including the motherboard still has power aswell.
That 'testing' serves no purpose.
Like turning the key on in your car, and the dash lights come on. That says nothing about the engine and transmission.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I can't imagine anything sparking in the empty socket... unless the socket wasn't empty. Are you sure it came from the socket?
Using the term barbs makes me think you have an Intel rig, and you're referring to the contacts or pins in the socket. Yes?

Jul 8, 2019
I can't imagine anything sparking in the empty socket... unless the socket wasn't empty. Are you sure it came from the socket?
Using the term barbs makes me think you have an Intel rig, and you're referring to the contacts or pins in the socket. Yes?
Yes indeed. Intel 2066 socket And I have a video but its kinda bad quality and i was testing because I put in all of my lights and led strips.
I test stuff like that including sound systems in cars all the time. So there really is a purpose for that..

Jul 8, 2019
Is there anyway of posting a downloaded picture?? And all pins are back in place. And Indeed this is a used board so I did know the precautions just wasnt expecting that😂

Jul 8, 2019