Question CPU starts overheating as soon as I boot my PC ?

Oct 13, 2024
I just built a new custom pc and I am having cpu overheating issues, I’ve built plenty of pcs in the past and never had this problem and I can’t find a solution to it. As soon as I turn on my pc it immediately goes up to 90 degrees Celsius and will eventually shut off by itself. I have swapped my cpu cooler and motherboard and problem is still there. There is times that i get lucky and my cpu doesn’t over heat but that is after several attempts of trying to boot up my pc and that is rare. When it does happen my cpu stays at 35 degrees which is amazing but i would have to keep my pc on because as soon as i turn it off i would have to keep powering it on and off till i get lucky again.

Specs:
Motherboard: Rog Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi II
CPU: i9-14900k
GPU: RTX 4090
RAM: 64GB (4 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance
CPU Cooler: Kraken Z73 360mm
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB
Fans: 12 lian li uni fans V2
PSU: EVGA 1000 watts G7

I’ve also tried different pin slots on the motherboard and nothing seems to work, RPM Is at 2000
Connect cpu cooler to AIO_PUMP header on motherboard.
AIO cooler pump has to be running at full speed all the time.
Do not connect AIO pump to regulated fan headers.

Also update BIOS to latest version (that includes microcode 0x12B update), to prevent possible CPU deterioration.

Oct 13, 2024
I’ve updated to latest bios and I’ve connected the headers to the correct spot, no protective film either. Everything else is fine I’ve changed and replaced almost every part but the cpu. Nothing seems to work.