[SOLVED] CPU Temp Issue

scoutnj19

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
Hey

I'm having issues with my CPU temp pegging at 95C, essentially no matter what I do

Here's my specs:
hwinfo64-output.png

At baseline idle, I'm sitting in the upper 40s-low 50s. If I run a game or whatnot, it shoots to 95C... which is obviously not sustainable.

I have a Cooler Master liquid cooler and an intake fan in a MicroATX case. Ambient temps in the house at 75F-ish.

I used the AMD Ryzen Master tool and created a manual profile where I set it at 3.2GHz and then even 3.0GHz with the voltage at like 1.2...
Even with that, the temp jumps to 95C when I do anything.

Here's a temp screenshot:
hwinfo64-high-temps.png

I've tied cables appropriately and have a pretty open case.

So, I'd appreciate any help y'all would be willing to give me. Thanks!

Solution
Seems to me that the cpu cooler gives problems. Make sure to reinstall properly, also listen to see if the pump is running. Can try the stock cooler that comes with the cpu to check if that gives lower temps.

To add just an opinion, think that your ram isn't the best for Ryzen, but again that is just an opinion, 2666mhz with those high timings aren't optimal.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Seems to me that the cpu cooler gives problems. Make sure to reinstall properly, also listen to see if the pump is running. Can try the stock cooler that comes with the cpu to check if that gives lower temps.

To add just an opinion, think that your ram isn't the best for Ryzen, but again that is just an opinion, 2666mhz with those high timings aren't optimal.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution