Question CPU then steady DRAM red light after changing the PSU

Feb 11, 2023
Hello, I am in a very bad week. I bought 4070ti, (coming from 1070) and I find out that I don't have enough PCIe cables then I just decided to get a new PSU since my current is considered c tier. Anyway after I installed the gpu and the new psu (RM850x). no screen no power to usb devices, fans working rbg working and the red DRAM light is on. And no I did not use the old cables from the old PSU.

parts :
x570 aorus ultra
r9 3900x
G.skill 32gb
PSU : deepcool dq750-m-v2l (old) new RM850x

gpu 1070 (old) new 4070 ti amp both are Zotac

I've tried almost everything
Reinstall all the parts including the CPU
Changing the rams slots - 1 stick -both sticks
Install the old GPU -psu back
qflash the bios
remove CMOS
Nothing worked.
The red light bounce from the CPU and then stays on DRAM and this happens every minute or so

If anyone have an idea what is the issue please help

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A similar thing happened with a CPU/board on Greg Salazar's YT channel. The issue was later pinned to a processor(IIRC). Can you drop your all your prior working parts onto a known working motherboard with the right BIOS version for your processor? This way you can see if the CPU's integrated memory controller went bust or if the board was at fault.

Out of curiosity, what PCB version are you working with for your motherboard?

Feb 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A similar thing happened with a CPU/board on Greg Salazar's YT channel. The issue was later pinned to a processor(IIRC). Can you drop your all your prior working parts onto a known working motherboard with the right BIOS version for your processor? This way you can see if the CPU's integrated memory controller went bust or if the board was at fault.

Out of curiosity, what PCB version are you working with for your motherboard?
Thank you so much for this replay, can you give me the link to the video? I just checked his latest video if that is what you meant, it's very similar to my issue eventually he changed the mobo.

Unfortunately, I live alone and I don't know anyone in the area that could provide me with a test mobo and also I don't have one.

Thank you again

Lutfij

Titan
This link;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10#kf
is for PCB revision 1.0...

note the top left corner of the image, you should see Rev 1.0 inscribed on the PCB.

can you give me the link to the video? I just checked his latest video if that is what you meant, it's very similar to my issue eventually he changed the mobo.
I don't think I can...there were many videos in his fix or flop series.

Feb 11, 2023
This link;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10#kf
is for PCB revision 1.0...

note the top left corner of the image, you should see Rev 1.0 inscribed on the PCB.

can you give me the link to the video? I just checked his latest video if that is what you meant, it's very similar to my issue eventually he changed the mobo.
I don't think I can...there were many videos in his fix or flop series.
Oh okay! Mine is Rev 1.2.