[SOLVED] CPU usage 100% on most games

Feb 16, 2020
My PC has started to hit major bottleneck issues lately, for almost all games i'm running far less frames then i should and my CPU usage is maxing while the GPU usage is at around 20%. I know with my graphics card there will be bottle necking, but my rig should easily be able to run CSGO at over 120 frames and i cant right now. Any help would be appreciated. I also just updated my graphics and motherboard drivers so that is not the issue.

PC SPECS
GPU - RTX 2080 Ti
CPU - i9 9900k
Ram - 32 GB 3200 ddr4
Motherboard - Gigabyte z390 Aorus pro

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Have you scanned your system for malware/viruses lately? Do you see any applications/programs running in Task Manager that are consuming CPU cycles at higher than expected levels?

You installed anything, other than drivers, recently?

Feb 16, 2020
Have you scanned your system for malware/viruses lately? Do you see any applications/programs running in Task Manager that are consuming CPU cycles at higher than expected levels?

You installed anything, other than drivers, recently?
Checked for malware/viruses about a week ago and just did again, nothing there. Nothing is taking up high amounts of CPU usage, usually when im not in games usage wont go above 10%.

Feb 16, 2020
Performance seems okay overall. What resolution and graphics level settings are you gaming at?
usually the highest settings with some minor tweaks. The thing is though with my specs i shouldn't be running games anywhere near what i am rn, even on the setting I run, especially when im only 1080p gaming.

TRENDING THREADS