May 19, 2023
SOLVED:
Hey Forum,me and my dad started to build a system today, the specs are the following:
  • Intel Core i9 13900KF
  • GigaByte Aorus 750 Elite AX
  • Corsair H100i Elite LCD
  • ASUS ROG Strix 4090 OC
  • G.Skill Trident Z5-6200 (DDR5) 2x16GB
  • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
  • Corsair iCue 4000x
  • Corsair HX1200
So, we've completed the build, but the PC won't boot. All the RGB and the fans, as well as the watercooling-display start up and show what they're supposed to, but my monitor doesn't give out anything, in fact, it doesn't register an output from the PC. The motherboard shows, with a small orange light, that there is a problem with the CPU. I've already tried to relieve the pressure on the CPU by the watercooler, but it didn't help.
I have a slight suspicion that maybe the motherboard doesn't register the watercooling and because of that, doesn't start the CPU for security reasons. I believe that because in the manual of the cooler, it said to plug the "pump tach cable" into the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. There already was a small problem: The header has 4 pins, while the tach cable only has 3. So my dad decided to just plug it in, because it had enough room. Could that be the problem?
I also have another theory, but it may be very stupid. According to my dad, there was a seperate kind of power connection to my processor in my current PC, which I have since 2019. So his guess is also that my new one has a seperate power connection to the CPU. Am I stupid enough to not have noticed that? Because I didn't see any kind of such connection in any manual I read to build the system.
I doubt (and hope) that there is a problem with the processor itself, but maybe with it's connections.
Does anybody know what the problem could be?
Thank you in advance, Forum.

Last edited: