[SOLVED] Crackling/Static From Whatever is Plugged Into the 3.5mm Jack ?

Dec 11, 2020
Problem:
Whatever is plugged into the front 3.5mm Jack just gives off crackling and static sounds. It overrides everything- this means the crackling is constant and isn't responsive to any sound change. The mic sometimes makes the crackling noise that others on discord can hear but 90% of the time it is just mute and non-responsive.

Notes:
Tried restarting by unplugging power cable
Rolled back drivers to when it worked
It is only the 3.5mm jack. By using a USB headset (connected to the front panel USB that is right next to the 3.5mm jack), I am able to hear everything talk clearly.
Updated the drivers
Tried to clean out the jacks with some degree of success. No change in before/after cleaning it though
I have a Razor Black widow keyboard that also has a 3.5mm jack ON THE SIDE OF THE KEYBOARD. When I plug in the KEYBOARD's 3.5mm jack onto my computer and then connect my mic or headphones onto my keyboard, I still get the same result.
The noise that my mic makes when connected can be increased or decreased with volume. The noise that the headphones make when connected to the jack cannot be increased or decreased with volume.
The device itself is not the problem. I plugged the devices with other 3.5mm jacks and it works fine. The device itself it, not the problem

There is no video that can replicate the sound, but if I were to describe it, I would say that there are two elements or layers to it. One is a constant static and high pitched sound. The other element is the varying crackling sounds on top of it.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 with Radeon Graphics
RAM: If it's worth noting, I have 2x8GB from two different ram modules. Both from Crucial though. Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Desktop Memory CT8G4DFRA266.
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M ds3h
Video Card: GTX 1060 3GB
Storage: WDC WD10EZEX-75M2NA0 1 TB

If needed I could find out my case and PSU

Solution
I have the same problem with Discord on my motherboard "Asrock X470 Tachi" and my son with that same motherboard. 😕

My son is using a Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter since the rear jacks are too far away and being used for the speakers.

I'm using both a
Fulla 3 and SoundblasterG6 until I can decide what I like better, both have a headphone/mic input.

For both of us, it came down to the motherboard not liking the USB 2.0 controller chip that converts the analog signal. The front USB's worked fine for audio but the 3.5mm jacks are garbage with these boards.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I have the same problem with Discord on my motherboard "Asrock X470 Tachi" and my son with that same motherboard. 😕

My son is using a Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter since the rear jacks are too far away and being used for the speakers.

I'm using both a
Fulla 3 and SoundblasterG6 until I can decide what I like better, both have a headphone/mic input.

For both of us, it came down to the motherboard not liking the USB 2.0 controller chip that converts the analog signal. The front USB's worked fine for audio but the 3.5mm jacks are garbage with these boards.

Solution