Crosshair ahci bsod

winja

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008
i have an asus crosshair 2 mother board, it has several sata connections, and every drive i have is sata, you cant use a bluray/dvd/cdrom sata drive if you dont have bios setting set to ahci. how can one install win xp with sata hdd and rom drive with mobo set to ahci without a floppy drive (there is no way to connect one to this motherboard) for the f6 raid driver install?

Solution
The only other option I can see is to use a freeware tool called nLite (Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows Installation) to integrate the device drivers into to a customized Windows XP setup CD.
Why does the ASUS Crosshair II Formula motherboard manual page 2-31 show the Floppy disk drive connector (34-1 pin FLOPPY)?

Does Windows XP recognize a USB flash drive for this motherboard for the "Press F6 if you need to install a 3rd party SCSI or RAID driver" option? If it does then just place a copy of the driver files that would have been on a floppy diskette onto a USB flash drive instead.

winja

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008

Different version, mine is without floppy connector and only one IDE. F6 only allows floppy, will not allow choice of usb, cd/rom or hdd.