Question Crucial P3 Plus 1TB doesn't work on my MAG Z 390. What i'm doing wrong?

Jul 28, 2024
Greetings,

as the title says, I have purchased a Crucial P3 Plus PCie 1 TB but when I try to boot the system, I'm seeing a black screen on the display and I can't access the bios.

The MB is a MAG Z 390 and I already have a Western Digital Nand Sata 500 GB allocated on the first of the two M.2 reserved slots.
I also have a 1TB HDD.

I've already asked on reddit and people doesn't seem to have a solution to the issue. Actually one guy told me to update the bios, but honestly i'm not leaning toward that fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here you can find the manual of the MB --- https://it.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z390-TOMAHAWK/support#manual

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Do you have your SATA ports occupied with drives?

Actually one guy told me to update the bios, but honestly i'm not leaning toward that fix
Why not? A BIOS does aid in parts compatibility with your motherboard, in fact that's the only thing that helps in communicating between the board and the components on said board.