waris007

Honorable
Dec 2, 2014
Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD vs
Intel SSD 660p 512GB vs
WD Blue PCIe NVMe SSD 500GB vs
Kingston 500GB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme

Which one should I pick?
Crucial, WD blue, Kingston almost same price.
Intel is priced little higher here.
Are These four are QLC memory?

Last edited:

waris007

Honorable
Dec 2, 2014
Which WD Blue NVMe SSD are you referring to, the SN500 or the SN550?
The Crucial P1 and Intel 660p are QLC, while the Kingston A2000 and WD Blue are TLC.
I like the Kingston A2000 above the others. It has 500MB of DRAM cache and uses the newer 96 layer NAND flash chips.
I am Referring to Blue SN 550.
What do u think about Crucial P2?
So do you prefer A2000?

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Dec 28, 2020
Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD vs
Intel SSD 660p 512GB vs
WD Blue PCIe NVMe SSD 500GB vs
Kingston 500GB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme

Which one should I pick?
Crucial, WD blue, Kingston almost same price.
Intel is priced little higher here.
Are These four are QLC memory?
I have a 500GB and a 1TB Intel 660 in an MSI BRAVO laptop and both perform very well for the price. Not even close to the fastest, but I'm hoping they are rock solid. With the luck I've had with Kingston USB drives lately I am going to avoid them in the SSD field. I've had better luck with ADATA USB drives and have been looking at the XPG Gamix S70 1TB. Only familiar with WD HDD's. Have a couple of 2 TB drives that perform as they should. Mainly use them for backup. Their SSD's I'm certain will perform as described, if you have a compatible mainboard and the PCIe M.2 is supported. Some boards have perhaps 1 Gen 4 slot and another Gen 3 or perhaps even SATA. So be careful and make certain you put this device in the proper slot. A PCIe M.2 will only perform as a SATA if that is what you put it in. If this is your budget choice, I would go with the WD Black edition. You get the reliable brand at a satisfactory price.

Reactions: waris007
I am Referring to Blue SN 550.
What do u think about Crucial P2?
So do you prefer A2000?
The Crucial P2 and WD Blue SN 550 are very similar. They both use the newer 96 layer TLC NAND flash chips but neither one has a DRAM cache like the Kingston A2000.

A good place to find information and advice about SSD's is NewMaxx on reddit.

Reactions: waris007
Solution

waris007

Honorable
Dec 2, 2014
I have a 500GB and a 1TB Intel 660 in an MSI BRAVO laptop and both perform very well for the price. Not even close to the fastest, but I'm hoping they are rock solid. With the luck I've had with Kingston USB drives lately I am going to avoid them in the SSD field. I've had better luck with ADATA USB drives and have been looking at the XPG Gamix S70 1TB. Only familiar with WD HDD's. Have a couple of 2 TB drives that perform as they should. Mainly use them for backup. Their SSD's I'm certain will perform as described, if you have a compatible mainboard and the PCIe M.2 is supported. Some boards have perhaps 1 Gen 4 slot and another Gen 3 or perhaps even SATA. So be careful and make certain you put this device in the proper slot. A PCIe M.2 will only perform as a SATA if that is what you put it in. If this is your budget choice, I would go with the WD Black edition. You get the reliable brand at a satisfactory price.
Okay Thanks
My Board has support for M.2 Nvme (80mm)