Crysis 2 Screenshots Will Blow Your Mind (and GPU)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miribus

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
It'd be cheaper to just buy more memory if you really really want to.
Vista isn't that bad, it really isn't. Windows 7 is better but I upgraded from XP, if I already paid for Vista, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Given the cost of the game alone, and video cards (unless you already have a good one) I wouldn't worry about Vista either.
I'd figure if you have at least something in the main-stream range made in the last year or two you'll be just fine on medium settings and it'll still look great.
Probably still better than a console too.

jzjz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
"blow" the gpu meaning my system can't handle it? I doubt that since I have a new nvidia GTX 470 and a i7 @ 3.8ghz. It's pretty fast. And no it doesn't over heat or make noise like some dingbat ati fans insisted. I almost got an ati because of those stupid rumors. Not that ati is bad, but neither is the nvidia. I got the gtx 470 one anyway since I knew I could return it if it sucked. Well, it's great and not going back. But in a way I hope this game causes some strain on my card because that will mean it has higher levels of detail that can be turned up on future cards. Meaning the game would have higher detail that possible on todays games.

If we always had the same level of detail as say 2000, then games would never look better. So it's a good thing when there are new levels of detail that are unobtainable even if frustrating, lol. I remember when flight simulator x gave cards a hard time. Now with this card I can put all settings on high. Same for Crysis. Everything on very high and I have around 50-60fps. Lowered only the shader one notch and it the game looks the same, but I get like 80 to 100 fps. I actually think I will be able to do true stereo 3d with nvidia's 3d glasses since I'd get about 40-50 fps per eye. Hopefully Crysis 2 will still be reasonable at mid settings.

That said, the screen shots above worry me. Simply because I can't blow them up and see if they are detailed or not. And every thing looks like an explosion and smoke. I'm hoping for amazing detail. *crossing fingers* ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.