Crysis 2 Screenshots Will Blow Your Mind (and GPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
This is going to be an awesome game and I can't wait. Then again, I'm tired of all the buggy games that have been getting released as of late. I hope this game doesn't follow the trend..

G

The game has lower system requirements than the original Crysis.
Hopefully the highest settings will be more intensive. I'm fairly sure, though, that it takes place in the city for the reason that it will be easier to render, for the consoles.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
if the game genuinely looks like that, then i guess my console port worries are gone.

i just hope it won't require a 4 GPU system to run it at maximum settings. hopefully crytek have learned from that mistake.

as long as i can max it out with a 5870, im happy.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
If this is just made for the PC i will buy it. I want to support games that are not ports and push computers to the limits. Crysis has done that only problem i fear is "Will it play crysis.... 2?

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]nFail[/nom]Blow your gpu? Not all of us use nVidia cards with the latest drivers.[/citation]

lol nice

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
It's unfortunately going to look like crap on my system, because no matter what vid card I can afford, the lower settings aren't going to do the game justice. Kinda like the first one I guess.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Am I the only one who doesn't find these graphics impressive?

They added a smoothing effect to everything more than ~10 yards away, over indulged in the application of HDR/bloom, and literally cut corners everywhere they could in the models.

The burned out car bumper in this picture is a prime example of to much HDR and also shows the smoothing: http://media.bestofmicro.com/J/Y/240478/original/crysis2_wip_screen_05.jpg

Look at an model except the player model (something you never see when playing)and you'll see round objects that are 8-12 sided polygons (which I only noticed because there are some very impressive round models in some of the pictures).

The only impressive aspect of these screen shots are the shadows. Those are quiet beautiful.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I'm only blathering because this is being touted as a new engine and doesn't look much more impressive when I compared to games like Killzone 2 or the original Crytec engine.

crabsncancer

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
I'm already bracing myself for when they release the minimum and recommended system requirements...

My guess is that at Minimum we'll need at least an i5 and a Nvidia GT260 or ATI 5750.

Bleh.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Don't know about you but the screenshots seem like something possible right now. Just tweak some of the settings (as in via console or use a graphics tweak). The hard part would be making the map.

Nonetheless, if they can make it run on consoles and look that pretty, then good job Crytek.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
... Can't they wait until computers can play the first Crysis at 60 fps.

Well people don't get your hopes up I doubt even the HD 5970 will play this past 30 fps. But we'll see.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]crabsncancer[/nom]I'm already bracing myself for when they release the minimum and recommended system requirements...My guess is that at Minimum we'll need at least an i5 and a Nvidia GT260 or ATI 5750.Bleh.[/citation]

A game like that will never sell. Those are the RECOMMENDED settings you are talking about there, sir.

PS: To all the people who hope they don't need a QUADfire or Tri-SLI/QUADSLI set up in order to max out this game: WHO CARES? Does it really matter if you can't max out the game as long as the game offers better graphics at the same frame rates as Crysis1. I guess it will hurt your ego to know that your $400 GPU cannot max out the latest games @ 1080p. ...just think of it this way: Your 5870 is still the king of single GPUs right now, and even when the 5890 comes out, the 5870 will still be a mighty force to reckon with, and you will still look at the prettiest graphics in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS