Question CrystalDiskInfo displays Caution with IDs [05][C5][C6] being yellow, should I replace my HDD?

Sep 30, 2022
I've been using this PC for three years almost, four now, and this HDD is mainly just used for games along my Unity and Blender projects. Also a few months ago I ran a virtual machine through Oracle VirtualBox VM, that might be the cause for the ridiculous amount of reallocated sectors but I honestly don't know anything.

Is there a fix, or is this drive done for?

Sep 30, 2022
I would back up anything you want to save on drive, just in case.

I would also run Seatools for Windows on the drive - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

all drives have a number of spare sectors it can use to swap in for corrupted ones. It appears yours has used all the spare and it is warning you to replace drive as there is no way to add more.

RIP drive I guess. Thank you for the help, I will get this drive backed up and replaced ASAP.

The Command Timeout attribute is telling you that there have been 15 recent occasions where the drive required more than 7 seconds to read a particular sector.

0x000F000F000F -> 0x000F / 0x000F / 0x000F -> 15 decimal / 15 / 15​
The Reallocated Sector Count is telling you that 9400 (=0x24B8) bad sectors have been replaced with spares.

The normalised value of this attribute has dropped from 100 to 97. This is a health score. When this number falls to 10 (the threshold value), the drive will be deemed to be unserviceable. However, this is a grossly dishonest approach by Seagate, IMHO. That's because a drop in the health score from 100 to 10 requires a reallocated sector count of ...

9400 / 3 x 90 = 282000​
Even if this number represents logical sectors, that still equates to 35250 physical sectors (1 physical sector = 8 logical sectors).

Reactions: CountMike