[SOLVED] Custom computer having tons of issues

Jul 21, 2020
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Asus M4A89GTD-Pro
(2x) Gskill Ripjaws 4GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX580 GTS
223GB SU630 SATA SSD
Never been Overclocked

I had bought this computer on Facebook market place a few months ago and for those few months, I never had any kind of issues whatsoever. I just recently moved into my new house and now it’s having these weird hardcore stuttering/freezing issues that I can’t trace back.

The PC boots up and will work fine outside of games for an indefinite amount of time no problem. But if I load up any games, I basically have a countdown until it freezes up on me (somewhere between 1-2 hours give or take) and what the issue is, it will have a sudden freeze and the audio has a loud buzz to it. Then it’ll recover and everything is back to normal 60fps video and everything, but when I press any buttons or move the mouse it freezes up again until I stop giving input. Then it goes back to normal.

I used to be able to play any game I wanted for however long I wanted, games like X3AP, Space Engineers, Planetside 2 and a few others. First it was space engineers being the only one that will crash, then it started to spread to every game making them virtually unplayable for longer than an hour.

I’ve tracked my GPU speed and power, RAM usage, temperatures, Windows Memtest, swapped my RAM sticks out, and the only thing that i find off about any of it is that when it’s In its crashed phase but is running normal, CPU power is between 75-100w and when I give any input to trigger a freeze, it drops down to 6w but recovers to 75-100 again and GPU Utilization peaks out at 100% and clock speed pegs around 1405MHz.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. It’s my first computer so I’m not 100% familiar with everything and I’m learning as I go.

Solution
Thanks for the reply, it turned out to be the CPU cores maxing out their clock speed which throttled power down causing the freezing. I took it from balanced power mode to energy saving and it fixed the issues I was having so far!
Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for the reply, it turned out to be the CPU cores maxing out their clock speed which throttled power down causing the freezing. I took it from balanced power mode to energy saving and it fixed the issues I was having so far!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS