Question Cyberpower pc GMA5200bstv3 frame rate drops to almost 0 with gaming.

Aug 18, 2024
I am at my wit's end. I hope you guys can help me. I bought a stock cyberpower pc GMA5200bstv3 about 3 years ago. Ran perfectly for a year. Played Planet Zoo at 50+ FPS a week before moving in 2023 without any problem. Unable to play any games because the frame rate is almost 0 (even playing L4D2) after setting up the PC at the new house. Checked all hardware. They are still well-connected and have no signs of physical damage. Went to update the OS and drivers. The power went out during this process, and the PC suffered a massive system failure and was unable to reboot. I was able to get a USB drive to wipe the entire PC and reinstall Windows. It was able to do everything except the frame rate remained almost 0 when I play any games. A friend was willing to help out so we took this PC to his house. He was able to run all games fine (L4D2 frame rate was 150+) with all original wires except for a different monitor. So we changed the monitor to use our smart TV when we bought it home, but that did not help. I thought the internet was the problem at this point since that is the only difference between our home and our friend's setup, so I used a cable to connect directly to the PC. However, that did not help either. I am considering bringing it to a PC repair shop but I am doubtful that they will figure this out. Therefore, I am reaching out to see if there is anything else I should try before bringing it in for repair. Thanks much in advance.