Apr 29, 2022
My 3TB D drive crashed my PC. Rebooted and it took a long time to start but it was fine, outside of my desktop being on the D. Turned it off to remove and recover the D and MB wouldn't post. Just nothing, so my Sys eng. husband troubleshot it and nothing seemed to reliably help. He ended up getting it to start by removing one of the sticks of RAM, and redirecting my desktop. It ran for a bit then froze and now it will not post yet again. We are completely stumped, it turns on, but no MB logo just nothing. We have tried many monitors, changing graphic cards, unplugging the c drive, nothing. Any help would be super appreciated. It is running windows 10, MSI B450 MB, The GPU just says Gigabyte on the part I can see and I can't remember what it is.

Solution
D
Test ram with Memtest86. Make a bootable USB with memtest on it and tester ram let it go one full pass you should see zero errors
Apr 29, 2022
Check for power supply issues
Pulled the supply swapped with hubby's, (same power supply) mine worked in his and my PC remains the same. It occasionally works when we swap around the RAM. By works I mean starts but is unreliable. Freezes when it feels like it and may or may not start. We managed to flash the BIOS to update it for the hardware monitor the new one has, but it didn't provide much info. Still have no clue, can't find any repeatable tests. We have swapped and check all the outlets (just in case), cleared the capacitors, we are just kinda stuck. It just seems to start when it wants to and work to a degree.

TRENDING THREADS