D-Link Rangebooster G Wireless Router

new555

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I am having intermittent connectivity issues between my PC with a router (D-Link Rangebooster G Wireless Router) and my laptop. I just can't diagnose what is going on?

Most of the time, it's fine. But sometimes I boot the laptop and it says no wireless connection. When I try to repair the connection, it doesn't work. The only thing I can do is head back to my PC and unlock my network and hit "add new device" (Even though the device is there) and for whatever reason, it resolves itself.

I just can't see a trend here. Is it something to do with my PC's "standby" mode? Maybe not. I have tried everything and I am at wit's end.

PS: I use Comcast highspeed internet and again, everything seems fine. I used the CD-ROM that came with the router and it connected fine. But I just can't understand why I lose connectivity. My house is not that large, so I'm not out of range.

Thanks!

G

Stand-by and sleep mode can cause issues.

I think I would also try changing wireless channel. Especially if you can detect other wifi networks neighbouring. Move to a channel as far as poss from the strongest.

Relocate cordless phone base station, video sender etc away from router or computer. In case your neighbours have similar equipment move your router or computer away from any party wall.