Question Debug LEDS show issues with CPU and RAM and no display

Jan 3, 2023
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me with a hardware problem I'm having.
I recently built a new PC, compatibility of all parts has been checked and verified.
They are :
CPU : Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard : ASRock B550M Steel Legend
GPU : Radeon 6600XT 8GB
RAM : G Skill Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB)
And an EVGA 600W power supply.

Now my problem is that when I turn the pc on, the motherboard lights up and all the fans start whirring. But there is no signal on my monitor (which is, granted, like 10 years old) and the Debug LEDS glow red in CPU and RAM.
I initially thought it is the issue of my monitor just being too old, but then why are these Debug LEDs on? I've tried so far:
  • Trying to boot with one stick of RAM, in all possible slots. Nothing.
  • I checked the CPU for broken pins and there were none.

I have handled all parts with care, grounding myself before working on it and never standing on carpet while doing it.

What else could it be? Any and all tips are very much appreciated :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Please state the model to the unit.

I recently built a new PC, compatibility of all parts has been checked and verified.
Were any parts purchased used or you had them prior to the build from an older rig?

Is this the motherboard you're working with?

Motherboard manual states to use slots A2 and B2. Have you tried that? Swap sticks between the slots, meaning to have the rams in A2 and B2 but the sticks are swapped around. See if you can borrow a known working DDR4 ram kit from your friend or neighbor and see if that brings your system to life.

Are you missing internal peripherals like RGB/ARGB devices in your build? Perhaps try and breadboard the system and see if your get a POST.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 600W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Please state the model to the unit.

Were any parts purchased used or you had them prior to the build from an older rig?

Is this the motherboard you're working with?

Motherboard manual states to use slots A2 and B2. Have you tried that? Swap sticks between the slots, meaning to have the rams in A2 and B2 but the sticks are swapped around. See if you can borrow a known working DDR4 ram kit from your friend or neighbor and see if that brings your system to life.

Are you missing internal peripherals like RGB/ARGB devices in your build? Perhaps try and breadboard the system and see if your get a POST.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well!

My bad, the power supply is a:
EVGA BQ 600 600W ATX 2.3

I purchased all parts brand new. And yes that is the motherboard I have!

I did put the RAM in the A2 and B2 slots, I put them into the other ones, I tried both with just one - no reaction. Sadly I know noone who lives near me and knows anything of computers...

RBG/ARGB devices? What do you mean by that?