[SOLVED] Decompress 25% cpu usage

Oct 24, 2020
Hello guys!I have a problem with cpu usage.I have an I7 9700 and in idle 2 cores are goes to 100% which is 25% usage but when i wanted to see what use my cpu and open my task manager usage goes back to normal about 3-5% and after about 20 minutes goes up again.Then i downloaded Advanced system care and took a look at performance monitor.There i found the process called "decompress" and it uses 25% when idle.How can i solve this problem?I tried malwarebytes and ASC scans and it didn't help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
  • Try to temporary disable the page file on your system (No paging file option), restart your computer, enable the paging file (Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option) and restart your computer again.
  • If the problem of heavy loading of the computer by the Compressed memory process occurs only after waking from the Sleep or Hibernate mode (and disappears after the restart), try to download and install the latest versions of drivers for your disk controllers (ACPI/ AHCI / RAID / SCSI), hard drives and video card from the official websites.

how much ram do you have?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aleksandarb97

Colif

Win 11 Master
idle is when PC runs background processes like defrag (for instance) so it using 100% when you aren't using it and returning full control when you need it, is perfectly normal.

just let it go and eventually it will complete whatever its doing and just sit idle.

Oct 24, 2020
idle is when PC runs background processes like defrag (for instance) so it using 100% when you aren't using it and returning full control when you need it, is perfectly normal.

just let it go and eventually it will complete whatever its doing and just sit idle.
But when i play games it doesnt shut down the process and i must open task manager to get rid of it..

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try the two steps in the link I showed?

compression will always exist in some state. its the first stage in what windows does with a closed program. If you run a program and then close it, instead of writing all the data back to the drive right away, WIn 10 compresses the data. Only if you run out of ram will it decompress the data and write it to storage. The idea being that if you open the program again, its much faster to do it from ram

it also decompresses the programs if you reopen them and the data is needed.

SO compression/decompress are normal. If the game you run uses tons of ram the PC has to move whatever was in that ram onto a drive. Even with 32gb of ram I still have compressed memory (though not a lot).

Turning it off could lead to other problems.

Oct 24, 2020
did you try the two steps in the link I showed?

compression will always exist in some state. its the first stage in what windows does with a closed program. If you run a program and then close it, instead of writing all the data back to the drive right away, WIn 10 compresses the data. Only if you run out of ram will it decompress the data and write it to storage. The idea being that if you open the program again, its much faster to do it from ram

it also decompresses the programs if you reopen them and the data is needed.

SO compression/decompress are normal. If the game you run uses tons of ram the PC has to move whatever was in that ram onto a drive. Even with 32gb of ram I still have compressed memory (though not a lot).

Turning it off could lead to other problems.
Didn't help so far.Its very anoying that i have to open task manager every time when i do something on pc to get rid of it.I can end task in system advanced care but just for about 10 minutes and it pops up again whatewer i do (gaming,watching movie etc.).

Oct 28, 2020
Hello guys!I have a problem with cpu usage.I have an I7 9700 and in idle 2 cores are goes to 100% which is 25% usage but when i wanted to see what use my cpu and open my task manager usage goes back to normal about 3-5% and after about 20 minutes goes up again.Then i downloaded Advanced system care and took a look at performance monitor.There i found the process called "decompress" and it uses 25% when idle.How can i solve this problem?I tried malwarebytes and ASC scans and it didn't help.
I Have the same issue, it just started recently. Does anyone have a fix or a reason this is happening?

TRENDING THREADS