[SOLVED] Deep Cool CF140 vs Noctua NF-P14s redux ?

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
Hi guys, i need to buy some case fans to put on the top panel of the computer. I need to buy two and my budget is around 35€, I was thinking about getting one of these: Noctua NF-P14s redux or DEEP COOL CF140, this is their website with the specs NF-P14s, CF 140. Which one do you think is better? Or is there something better for around the same price on Amazon.it?

P.s: I don't really care about the LEDs, i prefer good airflow and low noise

Solution
Agreed, but you will not need to manually control them. The basis of automatic speed control of the case fan is the TEMPERATURE measured at a sensor on the mobo. The system will reduce the fan speed to whatever it takes to produce the right COOLING. That means, in comparing two fans, the same AIR FLOW for the same measured temperature. So the automatic system actually will, on its own, run the Noctua fans a little slower because they push more air than the other for the same fan speeds.

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello, the Noctua fans would be a slightly bit louder with more airflow but I have the NF-P12s in my computer and they are basically silent on about 50% and very quiet when they go faster. The Noctuas also push more air (64cfm vs 78cfm) so if you manually controlled fan curves in the bios the Noctua would probably be quieter when pushing the same amount of air. I think either would be a good choice but if you do not care about leds or prefer the look of one, then I personally think the Noctuas would probably be slightly better.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Agreed, but you will not need to manually control them. The basis of automatic speed control of the case fan is the TEMPERATURE measured at a sensor on the mobo. The system will reduce the fan speed to whatever it takes to produce the right COOLING. That means, in comparing two fans, the same AIR FLOW for the same measured temperature. So the automatic system actually will, on its own, run the Noctua fans a little slower because they push more air than the other for the same fan speeds.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS