Delayed/Stutters/Bad Hit reg Every Game [HELP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
Every FPS game I play I run into terrible stutter/hit registry/delay problems. I've tried CSGO, Overwatch. Black Squad and Fortnite. I have constant stable fps and have the issue on every computer I try at my house. Opponents have faster unusual movements and interp me. Sometimes I get a sick outplay spray a ton of bullets only to get flicked really fast without it showing the frame of the turn. If I do a face to face fight the person skips away or when they hit crouch it doesn't show that frame. Around objects/or if the person has good movement it makes the problem more visible. I feel like I'm playing on a 300ms delay as if my clients displaying incorrect positions. If a spectator watches me it looks like im missing or not reacting at all. My friend has the same issue his professional career declined rapidly overnight in July of 2015 that's when he noticed the problem. Sad how sometimes skill is dependent on hardware. When my internet technician came to install my internet he told me the wiring to my neighbourhood is messed up but that he fixed the one to my house still didn't change anything. I have no packet loss or ping spikes using ethernet. I've tried games that I have 8 ping on and still as bad as when I have 80. I've tried getting help from ISPs but they don't know anything besides looking at speed tests. I don't know if its related to a bad infrastructure because it persists on every provider or maybe electrical if it was hardware then it wouldn't happen on every PC. The same power outlet I'm using used to trip my old monitor on/off when turning the washroom light on (2 years ago). But other outlets in my room still don't fix anything. I've been suffering with this for years now and still can't find a solution I found a thread with others suffering but they also can't seem to fix it all of them just keep running into placebos by trying minor GPU tweaks.

My setup:
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Plus
Ram: 16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 mhz
Graphic card: MSI GTX 1060X + 6G
CPU: Intel I7 7700k
CPU Cooler: H100i V2 Liquid Cooler
PSU: 750W CX-M Corsair
SSD: Kingston SSDNow UV400 2.5" 120GB SATA III
Monitor : Acer GN246HL 144 HZ / Benq Zowie Xl2411P 144 hz
Windows: Windows 7 PRO/ Windows 10 PRO
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Raw

What I've tried doing:
Changing ISPs / and speeds. Changed Modems.
Changing computers/monitors/keyboard/mouse/headset/power cords.
Updating drivers.
Changed ethernet cable.
Re-install windows.
System restore.
My friends tried 6 different computers custom and prebuilt.

Internet providers tried:
Rogers Cable 1gbps/30 upload
Bell Canada DSL/Fibe to neighbourhood 50mbps/10 upload

Any new ideas that I can try would be greatly appreciated. I've spent countless hours practicing because at first I thought it was just placebo and didn't progress at all. I know its not me because I went to a LAN center and cousins house noticed a huge difference instantly. No choppiness/stutters and opponents move slow/react slow and easy to kill but so sluggish/hard at my house. My friend tried taking his computer to his cousins and he said it worked perfectly fine there. Moving right now isn't an option and I'd like to solve this to help others who are in the same predicament. I'm sick of dealing with toxic people in online games that don't believe me even though my game sense/pre-aim/aim is superior than theirs. Getting angrier by the day and don't even enjoy gaming as much anymore.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Try to ping google if you get 30ms reponce or lower it good. How many fps you get while playing? If its above the monitors refeesh rate it can sttuter because of it, lower the fps (with fps cap) or try turning on vsync

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
I clearly stated that my FPS is stable and that I have no packet or ping issues...…… thanks for the reply though. I'm testing CSGO mainly with 300+ constant fps no drops , no usage issues, no temp issues. Me and over 20 people with this issue have went through the basics already. Some of us are already pretty knowledgeable with computers and this issue is just a phenomenon. I've came across threads on other sites with people who have this issue we're all hopeless most of us had this issue since years to no avail.

ISPS here aren't helpful nor would they admit if its a network related issue if its caused by infrastructure. Network congestion or something to that degree.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Not the problem about frames you can have a 1000 but if the gpu rests on 95%+ usage any new object he needs to load it will stuter, that is why you can get stuter. It doesnt hurt to try vsync on, just try, am trying to help you. If you dont get ping or paket loss then its not isp (best way to check is to open CMD and type “ping google.com -t” with no quotes and leave it for 5 mins if you see paket loss it is isp).

Btw am woking in IT for 15 years, and started with computers 25 years ago.

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018

As I mentioned my GPU usage is fine so is CPU. I've tried Vsync and other NVIDIA setting tweaks such as prerendered frames. I know about the command and I already used that + more ways to test for packet loss/ping.

I've heard from someone that has this problem that it's most likely caused by network congestion in my area you have 15 years in IT what do you think? this problem doesn't only affect my computer it affects every PC I've tried in this house so it being a hardware problem should be out the picture.

Someone suggested to turn off DLM and/or change the interleaving depth. None are available to do so. From your IT experience do these sound familiar.

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
It could be, but on that scale its wierd, try over some mobile network like on your phone (perferably not from that ISP). Mabye its dns problems try the /flushdns after that chane it to 1.1.1.1 or googles 8.8.8.8 (but dont think dns could do that).

Try at your next door neighbor. If he doesnt have problems then ask ISP to change the modem.
Try this to see if you see some wierd jumps leave it to run some time
https://ping.canbeuseful.com/en#ping

This site will ping you so if ISP is causing issues you will see it there.

If everything points to the ISP write to them and/or change ISP.

But again if ISP has network congestion still it should not happen 24/7 but from time to time, try it in some hollow point in the night like 4 am (if posible) dobt think then it will be many people on network at that time. If your whole house network has the problem it could be the internal setup, try connecting only 1 pc direct to the modem and try, if it still happends i would blame the modem if neighbors works normal.

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018

I can't try at the neighbors. However I've seen them use an over wire before and the technician that installed my internet specified that my neighbourhood wiring is messed up. He said he fixed the one to my house but it made no difference even with him changing the cat type wiring. I tested my internet with just my PC when I first got it still had the problem. I've tried every ISP with no avail. I've tried to play at like 4 am still had the issue. With every new isp new modems so already tried that. I've tried different modem channels and changing the location its setup with same problem.

I've tried playing on my LTE mobile network and it was even worse.

Results from the ping site:
Stop
send : 481
fail : 0
min. : 111 ms
avg. : 115 ms
max. : 460 ms

bawse.hustler

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018

Hello after reading what you said at the top all i can say i guess i got the same problem, i mean ive had this problem for over 15 years,

I have always thought my problem came from bad internet since i have internet from phonejack,
my old internet was 24mb down and 0.67 up so very shitty net so i always thought once i upgrade i get better hitregs in games. But turned out it was not, got fiber some month ago (560mb up) 120mb down) 7 ping still got the same hitregs i had on the shitty net.

And the problem i think comes maybe from motherboard if you look on your pc MSI Z270 Gaming Plus thats a cheap motherboard with expensive Cpu and Gpu and Ram. ive got the same my pc was good years ago not anymore i got asus z97-a and CPU i7 4790k / Gtx 970 / 16gb ram and you see i also have cheap motherboard i dont know if it helps to upgrade but i look at other players that stream they all got good gear and good regs so im not 100% that it will fix problem but most games are client side so that means its down to Hardware not internet otherwise i do have better regs from phonejack to fiber but its 0% change i can show im a good player that i know what im talking bout you can never tell any players that they killed you just since you have bad regs since that sounds like an exuse which sucks its frustrating knowing you are better but this shit problem just holding the skill back.

here is a link to my youtube channel got montages in many games showes my skill and those kills are all good regs usually i dont get those regs thats why its montage https://www.youtube.com/user/Quote47/videos

im just giving this to show that i know what im talking about but since to many noobs always saying their regs sucks even when they dont have bad regs.

I have not tryed myself to upgrade my motherboard since its DDR3 and buying better of ddr3 is waste so i gotta buy hole new pc which is to expensive atm

a game im playing atm is called APB Reloaded every guy streaming that game has good pc gear and good motherboard and they have extremely good regs,plus i know most of them and they got worse internet then me but better pc and yet im way way better player then most of them but still got worse regs then them much worse. So my point is do try upgrade your motherboard to something expensive if that dont work then i have 0 clue what it can be since its not internet i can tell you that

Dec 5, 2018
Hey,

I have exact the same Problem and tried everything you did, too. I'm searching for a fix since 1 Year.

To me, Skill-Range:
Faceit: Level 10
Esea: A(A+)
MM: Global

Internet Provider said "My Internet Connection is prefect" but im not sure! That's why i tried to find the solution somewhere else.

Plus what i tried is:
- 3 different Router +(modem -> Router )
- GPU Bios Update
- Mainboard Custom BIOS ( Updated CPU Microcodes... manually ) + Downgrade
- Removing Intel ME + Downgrading Intel ME + Updating Intel ME
- Different Windows Versions
- Tweaks
... a lot of stuff

I know something is wrong because when i was playing at my moms House, it was Cable Internet 200k. Everything was Fine not Best but 100% better then here.

We now have VDSL2 50k, Ping on German Servers is 20- always going up to 39ms ( Netgraph ) before we changed 3 Times ISP it was 15ms.

Provider 1: 15ms Telekom
Provider 2: 30-40ms O2
Provider 3: 100-200ms Vodafone ( It was fucking horrible, we always got between (1)4pm - 11pm and 5am - 9am HIGH PING and Packetloss )

Then we went back to same Provider then 1. But we got little higher Ping and far as i know its not Ping related issue.

And i figured out, it needs to be something with the Internet Connection because when i was Playing here from some WLAN Hotspot with 100-200ms, hitreg was much better ??? I was playing on Faceit ( 128tick ) and MM ( 64tick ). But far as i can tell every Online Game is affected.

And my Provider send a technician to check the Line xD now the funny Part. The Only thing he was doing, was plugging a device into Phone Port and checked Down/Uploadspeed, FEC Errorrate and said " The Connection is Physically fine. "

Now, im tired to find a solution and almost stopped playing CSGO. There is no fun anymore at any Online Games.

Here are my PCs Specs:

Manufacturer:
ASUS Republic of Gamers
Case:
be quiet! PURE BASE 600
Power Supply:
be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W A
Windows 10
Motherboard:
Asus STRIX Z270F GAMING Z270
CPU:
Intel Core i7-7700K
Memory:
16GB DDR4 Corsair 2666Mhz
Hard Drive:
Samsung MZ-75E120B SSD 120G
Video Card:
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080-A8G
Sound Card:
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5, Cr
Headphones:
Kingston HyperX Cloud
Monitor:
ASUS PG258Q
Mouse:
Zowie ZA13
Mousepad:
Razer Goliathus XL
Keyboard:
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018

The game I play I had 8 ping but it changed to 20 because they changed the server location from Toronto to Chicago. But after ISP change it went up to 40. When I got 1gbps down / 30 upload Rogers cable I was also having high jitters/ping spikes and loss so I switched back to ADSL 50mbps/10 up. My brother plays CSGO in intermediate (they just went 14-2, 1-1 playoff) he's the top fragger of the team with 90 ADR/13 RWS with this shit problem. He also noticed the reg was way better on the 1gbps internet but was unplayable due to constant ping spikes. Every single ISP here I changed to I asked for help and they do the same thing they do a line test then a speed test they say its all fine. This problem must be deep rooted in a routing path or something which someone with the knowledge has to look into. Hopeless because the technicians only know how to speed test. ISPS always try to say it's probably due to the game servers lmao. I've lived in this house before playing competitive and current am I've always had this shit problem playing with a disadvantage I thought game mechanics were meant to be like that for years until I finally realized it in 2017.

Jan 13, 2019
I'm experiencing the same kind of issue.I have hitreg issues on people and whenever i enter a gunfight i feel late sometimes. There has been moments of clarity though in which i get good reg and automatically perform better(very noticeable using ar guns in a game). It happens rarely though. I used to have the same ISP in another home with the same equipment(meaning router) but worse ping and speed there.It felt better and i used to hit my shots and register on people faster than what i'm on now..Now it feel's like its taking longer to kill somebody+ they seem to be reacting faster.I mean i've even played vs the same people and it feels like they are a step faster into the gunfight than what they used to be before.
I've also tried some stuff, like plugging my router into another port,tweaks included in TCP/IP Optimizer/tweaking settings in the router's control panel etc..having the same result.
My connection is 43 up and 4-5 down and i'm not experiencing packet loss issues or anything with it.I assume the problem might be the infrastracture of my connection.I can't explain it and it gets really frustrating, not only because i can't find a solution to it but because i watch the statistics that i've build crumble and me not having as much fun as i used to before.
I am considering about talking to my ISP for it but i don't know the way to exactly break it down to them.+I'm confident that they will tell me everything is alright connection wise and that the games itself are the cause of it..

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018

You have the same problem as me and my friend that lives 2 hours away as me with the same ISP has had the problem since July 2015. So we're hopeless this is hard to solve because ISPS aren't helpful. If you can find the exact cause then you can tell them what to change. I suspect a broken route path in our area and/or another issue deep rooted in the backbone of our internet infrastructure. The only solution so far is move away and hope that location has no issues test before renting/purchasing the place. The symptoms of the problem are at different degrees at random days it doesn't stay the same some parts of game mechanics work better or worse at times. I usually notice a difference in ping to the server I play on when these changes happen on its own. It has to be ISP not no cheap motherboard as another user suggested BECAUSE IT HAPPENS ON EVERY PC I TRIED AND EVERY PREBUILD THAT MY FRIEND BOUGHT SAME EXACT MODEL NO PROBLEM. IF IT WAS HARDWARE FROM PC THIS WOULD BE SOLVED BY NOW AND IF IT WAS SOFTWARE SAME THING IF IT WAS A DRIVER SOMEONE ELSE IK WITH SAME BUILD TYPE WOULD HAVE IT.

If you read this and have the same exact problem as me on every online game then try to contact the highest level tech support your ISP offers explain them to in detail the issue. Hopefully one of your ISPS will help you out but as far as I know mine are ignorant/dumb that only look at ping/bandwidth speeds.

Jan 13, 2019
I swapped my hdd out as it was damaged and core cleaned my laptop. The problem with the stutters is now gone but i still have delayed/bad hit registration.
As for the issue, i remember years ago that we've been told there is a slight issue in the net's infrastracture.But when i asked months ago if our fine is good my ISP responded as everything is perfectly fine and there's nothing to worry about.I,at that point, knew i had this issue.Therefore i tried some stuff to help this get resolved but to no avail.Last night i tried to play that particular game again and got so frustrated that i left the lobby after a month of not playing the game in minutes out of frustration...I really don't know what to say to my ISP since they think the line is perfectly fine and i get no errors.I mean what's the way to approach it?Have you guys found anything regarding this issue lately?

P.S:I'm not a noob either.On that game im averaging 3,5 kd rushing with snipers and lately i can't even get into the 2s.It just feels so harder nowadays,even with the same people playing.Everything looks sped up compared to what i used to play a year ago with a different connection on another house.

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018

My brother had the same stutter issue as you and it fixed using a new HDD + upgrading windows. For me when I talk about stutters is the opponents movement being choppy like missing a frame of them hitting crouch or sliding left right really fast (most noticeable on games with bad netcode). I didn't find anything but I know it's ISP for a fact because the symptoms of this issue change consistently for better or worse everyday now on its own. Some aspects of game mechanics is less or more broken which is what I mean by symptoms (spray transfer, spraying, tapping, close/mid/far range). People with reg on the game I play can spray legs for lucky headshots sometimes never works for me when I have the absolute worst but sometimes I get a spike of better reg which makes those possible (able to get 2ks) when on absolute worst my bullets get stuck on 1st person doing low damage. My ISP tells me my lines and everything is fine they can't find anything. The issue is most likely in the backbone of the servers such as in routing which ISPS have no control over but they can contact the person in charge and/or change what path your internet takes. Try to see if your ISP can change your gateway/routing explain to them properly they might not understand what you mean. It's unfortunate but unless you know what exactly is causing it in the infrastructure they won't help. It's up to find out and prove it to them. My guess is routing and someone on another thread told me it fixed after he convinced his ISP to change his.

Someone told me this on another thread:

Do a research and choose ISP which will give you this:

- business package with packet priority handling in the network and with nrt-VBR
(because packet priority handling is not available for regular customers)
- disabled DLM on your profile that is assigned to your customer account (DSL, ADSL, VDSL connections)
(because DLM interferes with UDP packets that FPS games are using)
- if DLM can't be disabled, at least ability to choose interleaving depth (DSL, ADSL, VDSL connections)
(call your ISP and tell them to set the lowest possible interleaving depth on your profile)

If you are lucky and it can be done in your country, then you will have a real and tangible advantage over everyone that you are playing against (no matter what your monitor or hardware is) or at least you will play on equal terms against players who have perfect internet connections.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
same problem here,
- My Thread and Specs : http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3885664/desync-lag-games.html

i have enough stable FPS ( CSGO arround 200fps on 60hz monitor ) shown in Video in the thread
but i dont register shots 80% of my fights, in other words i shoot but everyone can kill me without hitting them. i feel am delayed from the server, enemies probably killed me but i receive it late on my screen, i shoot them but they probably moved from that spot on server so am shooting their shadow.

i tried different rate in, you can read my thread about what i tried. nothing seems to work.

sonexs

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
hello guys,
nice to find forum with people sharing the same problem like me....
unfortunately i research the cause of the problem since as few years.

i tested some different hardware components, like i4770/ i7700k /ryzen7-2700x, gtx1080ti, rx480 and the problem persists...
so i definitely think its not hardware located.

i upgraded my internet, but didnt moved... so nothing changed in routing.
if i test internet, everything looks normal, low ping, good dl/ul rates.. bufferbloat <20ms

maybe youre right, its internet routing or windows 10 i believe.
every system i tested was on windows 10.
some say, earlier builds of windows 10 work better for them, like 1607...

if you got any tip to improve routing or how to talk to provider to get the problem fixed - please share.

Jan 13, 2019
My ISP did a line check very recently and didn't find something causing problems(once again)..1 thing i noticed by monitoring my router's control panel and double checking on the phone with a technician(ISP) was that i developed and still developing some crc down errors which got eliminated by a line reset/router reset.Apart from that,they couldn't track something wrong with my line and when i told them if it was because of bad cabling somewhere they replied as followed "You would have had much less speeds and more ping than you are on right now if bad cabling was the problem" which i kinda believe as well. I tried finding the DLM and so did the technician on the line but to no avail as it didn't appear on the panel.When i asked the guy on the phone if we could disable it he said we can't change it if it's on.I did try to break down my problem and i think he got it to some point but as for the routing issue that i told him for i got no reply back.Now i'm kinda stuck and don't know what to do:/

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi , i have the same issue for what , like 6 years , and i can tell you its not a problem with hardware , thats all i can tell , because i dont know where is the problem , i tried so many things , spend so many hours , but at the end , the problem is still there , losing every duels in games cause of this , can't do anything , forced to play at solo games.I mean , for people that didnt have this problem , gaming should be so easy , but for now, for me , its hell right now.

noregdocta

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
Yea it's hard to fix. My friend has had it since July 2015 idk how long I've honestly had it but I noticed it in 2016. Became fully aware of it in 2017 after talking to my friend about his problem and putting the symptoms together/showing videos. Anyways yeah its no way its windows or hardware , why? because I've tried windows 7 and 10 with different updates, updates disabled fresh windows. Also I've tried same builds as friends without the problem.

Theres two things in common with my friend we both use Bell Canada with 50mbps down/10 up DSL connection. We've both tried to use the only other ISP Rogers 1gbps Cable (even worse with visual ping jitters). There is something in common that these ISPS are using which has to be within the infrastructure. Me and my friend notice our delay/reg symptoms are equally the same when our ping changes to the same. Whenever we play both our ping changes at the same time and that's when we notice a better or worse change in the problem. So indeed it has to be internet , we've both tried a shit ton of computers/hardware configs.

The reality is ISPS aren't going to help unless you find the problem yourself and prove it to them what the cause is. If we've had this problem for years it won't magically fix one day unless the ISP makes a change to whatever is causing it.

Yes there's nothing visible that points out ISP as we all have stable downloads/ping with no visible packet loss. We need someone who is an expert at networking to figure it out. I have no hope and I've given up on my competitive gaming dreams. The only solution is to move away and hope the issue isn't present. My friend has moved from his parents house to an apartment a few minutes away and still has the problem.

This problems so impossible to make sense of that you'll doubt yourself and think you're the problem and delusional. This problem is real and sad we're just one of the unlucky people that don't get to plug and play perfectly. My friend and I can literally write down on a notepad what aspects of the mechanics are broken at the time of day then show each other to prove its not just in our head. What I mean by is what mechanics such as sometimes spraying works but tapping doesn't or only works from a certain range. Why this happens is because I think sometimes the delay is less or more causing a bigger jump in visual stutters. A game with really fast movement/bad netcode will make the problem so obvious because it will have really bad unusual movement like the game I play Crossfire. Meanwhile games like fortnite with a bit better netcode the movement aspect of stutters isn't as visually obvious to the eye. You can sometimes witness the opponents movement skip and catch back up really fast its as if a packet gets blocked then sends through really fast. For example in one of my friends clips the opponent skips around unusually fast (deflects every bullet no regs) even the crosshair didn't turn re then all of a sudden the opponents crouched in one spot not moving which all the bullets register. When showing these clips to an average ignorant user that thinks its excuses they just look at the crosshair and see it didnt turn red so they think we miss but if you look closefully they're hitting. This one clip the bullet goes straight through the enemy's head.
View: https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedBeautifulMooseDansGame

If anyone finds anything please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.